What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went on a road trip with a few mates to our school 25th Reunion. Was a great day. After plenty to drink we thought it would be a good idea to have a drag race on the school football pitch between my 72 and my mates 70 fastback. My car won :).

IMG_2489_zps4q8unepv.jpg

IMG_2510_zpshlwu5ul8.jpg

IMG_2511_zps9ijwup7r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brakes.

Installed the Scott Drake proportioning valve, re-intsalled the Master Cylinder, cussed at the leaks, fixed leaks, bled brakes, fixed leaks, bled brakes, fixed leaks.

Drooled at a test fit of the Hurst Handle in the car.

Resting now!:D

I finally have mine back from the body shop after getting the firewall reworked. Today I put in the taillights, beltline weatherstrip and the door glass. Once the firewall pad arrives, the AC and blower assembly will be installed along with the ducting.

Drag racing on the turf!!! Cool!!

Went on a road trip with a few mates to our school 25th Reunion. Was a great day. After plenty to drink we thought it would be a good idea to have a drag race on the school football pitch between my 72 and my mates 70 fastback. My car won :).

IMG_2489_zps4q8unepv.jpg

IMG_2510_zpshlwu5ul8.jpg

IMG_2511_zps9ijwup7r.jpg

Z-Bar and Linkage for the clutch installed. NICE pedal feel. Factory NOS linkage, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch set. Nice release and return!!!

That's 2 good pedals in 2 days. Brakes yesterday, clutch today!!:cool:

kcmash

429 cobra jet (in pieces) and the original C-6 all wrapped up and ready for the trip to machine/mechanical shop in a few weeks, boy does she need it...

vert 71 429cj ready to go to machine shop... (2).jpg

Last edited:
Raining in stl today so I figured I'd get in some detail work. 8 hrs later all cleaned up with no place to go...

FB_IMG_1467592442574.jpg

FB_IMG_1467592420444.jpg

Drove the car back in my old stomping grounds a lot this weekend. In rural NorthEast Texas, I can really open her up.

We have this event every year at the small country church I grew up in called "homecoming". Dang the old ladies can cook.... Anyway I was walking back to the car, which I parked under some trees and this was my view.

e7ef8c7ca2d75b18523f1227f77bf41b.jpg
a7ddaa4ec004251e33bfa582afe7a445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove the car back in my old stomping grounds a lot this weekend. In rural NorthEast Texas, I can really open her up.

We have this event every year at the small country church I grew up in called "homecoming". Dang the old ladies can cook.... Anyway I was walking back to the catch which I parked under some trees and this was my view.

e7ef8c7ca2d75b18523f1227f77bf41b.jpg
a7ddaa4ec004251e33bfa582afe7a445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what a view it is!! ::thumb::

We have this event every year at the small country church I grew up in called "homecoming". Dang the old ladies can cook.... Anyway I was walking back to the car, which I parked under some trees and this was my view.
Wow! Great pics. She sure looks happy!::thumb::

Worked on the Mustangs new home. Really will move fast now. They inspect the footings tomorrow and pour. The plumbing inspection and electrical rough in also tomorrow. Rebar in footers has to have ground wire going to the electrical panel, new requirement here. Then hope they can pour the slab on Thursday. Building due to arrive maybe next week. With 5 guys working they think they can get it up in a week. Got to get the LED lights ordered for inside. Two post lift is here along with brake lathe, hyd. press and lots of stuff to fill it up with. I see now it should have been 50' X 100'. It is 50' X 80' and it looks too small. A lifetime of waiting and it is finally going to happen. Be glad when it is done my back & neck is killing me.

DSC_2482.JPG

Back