What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, that slab is just about the right size for a swimming pool...

You know, that slab is just about the right size for a swimming pool...
I am pretty sure there will be a hot tub and BBQ and fire pit beside the garage to unwind in, lol. Got to relax after a hard day.

We did get the footings approved and poured along with the rough in plumbing and electrical so a big day. Pour the slab on Friday and will have to water to prevent cracks 90 deg. plus here.

Had a friend that does plastic welding fix my cracked grill. Then sanded and fixed all the pits and sprayed in satin black polished the inner chrome and horse reinstalled and installed the new outter ring (thanks Don it fit great). Blacked out the turn signals as the chrome was really in bad shape. Also blacked out the headlight trim. Thanks to Austin Vert for the pointers on refinishing the grill. I like the results.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a friend that does plastic welding fix my cracked grill. Then sanded and fixed all the pits and sprayed in satin black polished the inner chrome and horse reinstalled and installed the new outter ring (thanks Don it fit great). Blacked out the turn signals as the chrome was really in bad shape. Also blacked out the headlight trim. Thanks to Austin Vert for the pointers on refinishing the grill. I like the results.

Looks great~!

Nice job

Paul

Thanks. Got it on the car now. I like the look. I didn't realize the turn signal lenses were supposed to be clear until I washed them. Thought they were just heavily frosted.

image.jpg

Thanks. By the way. If anyone is planning to do this it is a lot of work. I hand sanded every inch of the grill and all the trim then used filler on any pits and sanded again before spraying. The results are worth the time since nothing fits like an original grill. I have about 15 hours in sanding and prep on it and other than one small crack it was in pretty good shape.

Thanks. By the way. If anyone is planning to do this it is a lot of work. I hand sanded every inch of the grill and all the trim then used filler on any pits and sanded again before spraying. The results are worth the time since nothing fits like an original grill. I have about 15 hours in sanding and prep on it and other than one small crack it was in pretty good shape.
Way to go Jason,

The grill has come up quite nicely i think, and was worth the effort you put into it.:bravo:

Greg.:)

Just arrived today. Only paid $205 total import charges because WCCCC put smaller price on invoice :D

Total price for this reconditioned tilt steering with the new actuator, actuator gear and pins with spring washers on the end to prevent the pins ever coming loose again $1252.40. Off to mechanic to get it fitted

I have some new pins with spring washers coming for the old column. I will repair the old steering column and put it on Ebay and recoup my money paid out for reconditioned one. :D

20160713_130516.jpg

20160713_130541.jpg

20160713_130558.jpg

20160713_130704.jpg

Bought new front wheels, 8.5x15....tire is 215/65r15.
Looks really good!

Very nice! I am contemplating doing this to mine as the plastic is severely faded. I was thinking of going with a Mach 1 grill but now that I've seen how nice this comes out, I have changed my mind I think. Today I was able get a new battery so I could take the old girl for a spin.

Justin

image.jpeg

I replaced the distributor cap and the wires yesterday because the car wasn't running on all 8 I thought. It would start like crap and idle rough.

Inside of old cap:

IMG_0664.JPG

Inside of new cap:

IMG_0665.JPG

Rotor looked bad to but since I didn't have a new one I just sanded it a bit:

IMG_0673.JPG

With these new parts it started on the second attempt and it idled well. Very responsive still too, I was well pleased :)

And then I took some piccies during the testdrive:

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0704.jpg

Have been working on all of the wiring/harnesses... just finished the engine bay harness, all cleaned up and re-taped (special stuff...). The hardest part of this harness refurbishment was locating replacement built in harness supporting clips that hold it in place throughout the engine bay. As you know, the ends break off over time, especially when removing the harness(age make them very brittle). I don't think exact replacements are available, had to improvise on one piece. I spent a few hours searching almost every parts box/location I have and came up with three of the four I needed. I did the last one using a smaller clip that is normally used to hold the tail light harness in place. It has the exact same size triangle shape clip head, attached it to the harness on what was left of the original clip, worked beautifully.

Need to clean up (blow out the dirt/dust in the main fuse junction box from all that previous desert area driving (a lot of the under dash area on this car was covered in a coat of special AZ dirt, a protective coating?)... Then I can re-tape the under dash harness. The trunk area tail light harness is a mess, kind of. If anyone has a solid tail light harness I am in the market (have touched base with Midlife already, he is helping where he can - appreciated). At the very least, I need one taillight socket housing to splice into my harness if all else fails... Cheers

vert71 wiring harnesses redoing... (2).jpg

vert71 wiring harnesses redoing2... (2).jpg

Have been working on all of the wiring/harnesses... just finished the engine bay harness, all cleaned up and re-taped (special stuff...). The hardest part of this harness refurbishment was locating replacement built in harness supporting clips that hold it in place throughout the engine bay. As you know, the ends break off over time, especially when removing the harness(age make them very brittle). I don't think exact replacements are available, had to improvise on one piece. I spent a few hours searching almost every parts box/location I have and came up with three of the four I needed. I did the last one using a smaller clip that is normally used to hold the tail light harness in place. It has the exact same size triangle shape clip head, attached it to the harness on what was left of the original clip, worked beautifully.

Need to clean up (blow out the dirt/dust in the main fuse junction box from all that previous desert area driving (a lot of the under dash area on this car was covered in a coat of special AZ dirt, a protective coating?)... Then I can re-tape the under dash harness. The trunk area tail light harness is a mess, kind of. If anyone has a solid tail light harness I am in the market (have touched base with Midlife already, he is helping where he can - appreciated). At the very least, I need one taillight socket housing to splice into my harness if all else fails... Cheers
UGG, Cringe. My wiring is a mess. Something that will be tackled when it comes time to pull the engine and rebuild. I spent several days cleaning up possible shorts, dead end wires and stupid PO crap to get it to the point I didn't have to worry about a fire and everything worked.

Back