What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gauges are cool in center dash console . How did you do that ? look like 2" or 2 5/8 size gauges. Cool .

The gauges are cool in center dash console . How did you do that ? look like 2" or 2 5/8 size gauges. Cool .

It took a bit of work.  They are 2” Westach brand gauges.  The 2nd half of the attached thread shows what I did.

The jury is still out on the Westach gauges, one thing I can say is that they are lightweight.  Guess since they manufacture aircraft gauges weight is a factor.  So far I dig them, the only gripe is that the backlight system is a little cheesy.

That sucks that they are not working on Sally's car. I am willing to come up and help kick their ass if you want.
Thanks David!!  :thankyouyellow:    If we had a band of Mustangs pull up, thats something they wouldn't forget.

Today I hired an attorney to get my car back from the slime rockets at the body shop. They have held it hostage long enough, 7 months.  Felt good that I could do something for the old girl. Feel like I abandoned her. 
I know you been fighting them for quit awhile to get the car done.  Don't know if they use Facebook or other types of social media but if they do I wouldn't hesitate to put the word out about them.  A lot of shops depend on word of mouth for their business and bad reviews is the last thing they want.  Never hurts to apply pressure from every angle you can.  Good luck Rod.    

I know you been fighting them for quit awhile to get the car done.  Don't know if they use Facebook or other types of social media but if they do I wouldn't hesitate to put the word out about them.  A lot of shops depend on word of mouth for their business and bad reviews is the last thing they want.  Never hurts to apply pressure from every angle you can.  Good luck Rod.    
+1

Dang..........for a person that hasn't done this before you missed your calling!  Nice work.  How about doing some seat covers for us poor people and competing with TMI 

Really......Im impressed  

Dang..........for a person that hasn't done this before you missed your calling!  Nice work.  How about doing some seat covers for us poor people and competing with TMI 

Really......Im impressed  
Haha thanks! It’s a work in progress no doubt but I’m getting the hang of it. I’ve cover my cracked dash. Now finishing my quarter panels, I plan on doing the door panels next. I just need to figure out how to fix the cracks around the door rest. But crossing my fingers 

Kilgon.......Thanks for the pointer! Your always helpin! you should have been in retail :)  

Sally and I dont have Facebook or twitter or?  Sally and I was in customer service retail most of our lives. When we left we decided we didnt want to hear or see people for a long time :)  When the president of our company told the top 5 positions we had to register on facebook........I told him to stick it and left the company 10 years ago. I know social media is a powerful tool when used correctly.  

I pulled the exhaust off, removed the clutch linkage, pulled out some of the wring and dropped the driveshaft over the weekend. It doesn't seem like much but 20 - 30 times under the car and back out wears on an old man! LOL!!

Had been blocking on the 72 Q vert but neck is telling me to stop even with it on rotisserie. So I got back on the work bench and decided to get back on the ram air cleaner. I had stripped it and took the rust off in the molasses. I primed and sprayed it with Duplicolor Ford Corporate Blue. It was way too dark. Must have got a missed batch of paint had matched great in the past. So in order to paint again I had let it set for couple weeks to dry out. So got out some 500 grit and a scotch brite pad. Music on and start sanding. About 4 hours later ready to spray again. Will see what is out there. I have not tried the POR engine paint might look at them.
Had a guy visit and look at cars. He is very interested in 1956 Club Sedan, 292 4-V with three speed overdrive. It was a one owner that I drove it into the barn in 1978 been there since. Never painted so nothing hidden. Not taken apart a complete car. Red and White so will be a good looking car. He also likes the 1959 Galaxie, Fairlane 500 Victoria Club Coupe. Since it has no rust, New Mexico car, he could turn it around really fast. It is also a FE car not a Y block and I have the 332 and extra 352 that goes with it. Was also a three speed overdrive car.
He loves the 73 Mach 1 he had to sit in it a couple times and kept going back to look.
He is another of those that thought they made Mach 1 convertibles. He thought the 73 vert with decor group was a Mach 1 vert, lol. He was interested in it also, I told him $21,000 without the forged aluminum wheels and new tires.
While he was here I got him to help me get the hood for the 72 Q vert out of the stack in the corner. I had noticed that the PO had sprayed the back side of the hood with some kind of undercoating. Lacquer thinner had no affect on it. Now I have to figure out how to remove or use another NASA hood. This one did not have hood locks was going to do one with locks and one without locks. I have a couple more will have to get help to move.
So deer season opens again for rifle this week so I will be looking out the work room window often to check for deer. Bear season closes for a while today and opens again in December.

Made my steering wheel 4.5 inches thick and leather wrapped it  :biggrin: . Feels great now 

4B034931-F2D9-45BF-95E3-EA715FBEC2C9.jpeg

BBBBEE09-0F1E-47BA-8411-30656B87B292.jpeg

Back