What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove my car this weekend and had a blast. I found some country roads along some farm fields that are awesome. BTW, our farm field roads here are like 1/2 a mile straight a 90 degree turn and then another 1/2 a mile. They can follow that pattern forever. Some of the 90 degree turns have decent banking and a lot of them have good visibility to know if there are cars coming. Needless to say I always follow the speed limit :whistling: :whistling:

I found the floor in the garage....  :lollerz:

Oh, and ordered a combo b-day/xmas/illkickinsomehobbymoney gift for me, a Quickjack 7000SLX from Costco.  :chili:
I envy you.  Let me know how it works.  I've been looking at them but have been hesitant to pull the trigger. 

You do nice work Bentworker!!  

Today I worked a full day on the 68 stang. Thank you Don C for all your knowledge and help. Cant believe it took 12 hours to put on a clutch spring isolator to stop the squeaks.  Poor Don put up with my misbehavior's but kept on answering questions. You Da Man sir  :thumb:   Thank you. 

Took mine on a last pre-snow drive here in Kansas City.

Our local vendor, Mustangs Plus will be closing at the end of this year.  Joe the owner has helped me find a lot of nice parts over the years, so I had to make sure he saw it before closing his doors.

Still need to figure out the vibration.  It feels like driveshaft or wheel bearing.

kcmash

Oh yeah,  picked up a super nice horn pad for a 2 spoke wheel, and a new passengers side bezel for the dash..

I am so sorry I haven't used/posted to this thread......mostly because I work on a large number of NON 71-73 cars on a daily basis!!    But since the prototype clone is finished and the 1967 C850 is leaving to have a ramp installed and painted, I will be moving a 1971 car I have owned 3 times wince 2001 into the garage next week to work on in the winter.

Mostly want to document the time as Chris Long will be visiting for a week in Feb to do the power windows.  (he has installed PW in about 9 cars , so he can do with his eyes closed)   This will be a repeat of 2017 when Bill, Chris and I assembled the Boss in a week.

Mark

71.jpg

Well unfortunately not much work on the car and won’t be doing any on it for a while. The mustang got kicked out of the garage for the winter to make room for other projects.  I put a 10’x20’ car port up today and put the mustang on the trailer and covered it.  I still need to get a couple tarps for the sides of the car port and another one to cover the car. I’m not too worried about the old girl being outside for the first time since I owned it because when it comes back in, it will be getting blown completely apart for repair.  Just a sad sight.  Can’t wait to get busy next summer on my new garage, HOPEFULLY!!!  

7A646BAE-EDA1-4E30-B4CC-64C9FA27C257.jpeg

2E439519-7334-46D2-A80A-02F9AEEB828A.jpeg

I got the column parts back from paint and put it together.  New bearing and NOS turn signal switch in it.  I put the Nardi wheel on it for mockup, hopefully it goes on permanent in the not so distant future.

7F95A00B-834A-4A16-BA83-A3675888972C.jpeg

Well, I didn't actually do any work on my car,  but I did add some Sea Foam to the tank for winter, ran some through the carb, then took the wife out for her 70th Birthday cruise to blast out the cobwebs, I mean grunge in the fuel system, before putting it to bed for winter. Today may be the last time I have it out this year, but tomorrow looks fantastic too, so maybe one more time. I can't remember a November as warm, but we all know that can change in a heart beat. We may be shoveling snow next week just like we did last year in mid November.

I got the column parts back from paint and put it together.  New bearing and NOS turn signal switch in it.  I put the Nardi wheel on it for mockup, hopefully it goes on permanent in the not so distant future.

View attachment 45653
I like that wheel also!  Would you mind sharing what product stock #s it takes to get a good fitment? I would assume it will fit 71-73 stangs? 

Took my wife and youngest daughter for a 2 hour cruise this afternoon. Weather was perfect and we all had a great time. Lots of classic cars and motorcycles out today.

Back