What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that wheel also!  Would you mind sharing what product stock #s it takes to get a good fitment? I would assume it will fit 71-73 stangs? 
The steering wheel is a Nardi 5069.35.2000 Deep Corn 350 Wood (made in Italy). Watch out for imposter / fake Nardi wheels.  Make sure you get a double terminal horn button.  The adapter is a Nardi Ford Multi-Fit COD 4302.14.8501

It is every bit as nice in person as it is in the photo.  

The steering wheel is a Nardi 5069.35.2000 Deep Corn 350 Wood (made in Italy). Watch out for imposter / fake Nardi wheels.  Make sure you get a double terminal horn button.  The adapter is a Nardi Ford Multi-Fit COD 4302.14.8501

It is every bit as nice in person as it is in the photo.  
Thank you for the info, I appreciate that!!! . Christmas is coming maybe (cross fingers) Santa will get me one?  WEW......are they really $350.00 plus adapter?  Maybe I should dig deeper for a cheaper supplier?

Sure is PURDY.......  huh :)

Thank you for the info, I appreciate that!!! . Christmas is coming maybe (cross fingers) Santa will get me one?  WEW......are they really $350.00 plus adapter?  Maybe I should dig deeper for a cheaper supplier?

Sure is PURDY.......  huh :)
Yeah- they are expensive. I figure if you are going to be behind the wheel you might as well be behind one you really like.  

Well , this weekend was fun , for the first time since 1987 my stang ran under it own power. I picked it up from the "specailists" and figured out I know more then they do. 

1. Gearbox rebuild later, countless hours on timing , rough set the geometry and drove her back to my place. 

Got there and the right rear was smoking....DUH they were meant to adjust the brakes .

For now its running , off to the alignment guys in the week , then final body work . Still need to figure out the front bumper and put the door panels on.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-08 at 16.00.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-08 at 16.00.22.jpeg

paint, paint and more paint. I am getting closer to having entire car smoothed and ready for color.20201108_211336.jpg

Dropped a bunch of parts off at the machine shop. My short block is assembled and he's waiting on parts for the heads. Those should be in this week and then it's assembly and finishing assembly of the engine. Had to notch my pan to clear one tube on the Hookers, they clear a stock core pan just fine, but mine is a fully fabricated unit. 

351c head.jpg

351c fabbed oil pan.jpg

Did some more disassembly getting ready for sheetmetal work. 

5331552F-8B64-4814-B99F-CA88EDA17888.jpeg

CAAC2C82-60DF-43CE-8D8F-7A17E18301A9.jpeg

3F659785-B42C-4BE2-99F8-2C8DB89C494B.jpeg

3CE666E4-6051-43DB-A569-7D08F04A7345.jpeg

Today I hired an attorney to get my car back from the slime rockets at the body shop. They have held it hostage long enough, 7 months.  Felt good that I could do something for the old girl. Feel like I abandoned her. 

Today I hired an attorney to get my car back from the slime rockets at the body shop. They have held it hostage long enough, 7 months.  Felt good that I could do something for the old girl. Feel like I abandoned her. 
A baseball bat would have been cheaper and prolly more efficient. :D

Seriously, if they've done zip, you are the car owner, how come you need a lawyer to go get what's yours?

Good question! let me clear that up a bit. 

The car is still in pieces and parts like the windshields, door guts, trunk lid, hood, grill, bumpers, chrome trim, mirrors, etc, etc.  It is still in primer and various bondo fixes covering the car. The car has not been blocked out, its not at that stage yet. I never hear from them, It always takes me to initiate contact.

As some are aware . My wife and I spent 4 months in Seattle fighting stage 4 cancer with a car t cell transplant. My wife was persistent even during her probable death to contact these sleaze balls on her car. They also was aware I couldn't see the car and its progress. It was the perfect storm in there favor. 

I dropped off new parts including O.E spoiler, door and window gaskets, Stencil rub from David, new bumpers, new 18 pc stripe kit, many other numerous parts and pieces totaling over $1200.00. 

They have done the easy part of sanding to bare metal and priming it. The contract was paid in 3 stages, in which I have paid 2 payments. The third is paid when the car is completed. They did the easy 2/3rds and put the car on the back burner knowing they have the upper hand.

To take the car back and have another shop finish the body work, To block it 2 times, paint it, install all pieces and parts, then stripe it will cost a bunch more (double) than the final 1/3rd installment. 

This is a common practice by body shops here. Im starting to think they teach this in College body shop class's. 

A baseball bat or hiring "Gweed"o" would have been more satisfactory to me. 

Back