What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does 'being stuck in traffic wishing I was driving my Mach 1' count? :D

DSC06542.JPGSpent the afternoon Dremeling [that's a new word for spending way too much time on a part that no one is ever going to see] the drivers side rear frame rail axle bumper mount area. 10 minature sanding discs later and a 1/4 can of rust inhibitor and.... walaaa.

98% of the rust is gone and the rest is converted into something black...

I started ripping out my rain gutters on the roof of my car. My roof leaks in the rain on both sides.

got the drivers side window frame and rain gutter pulled off, thankfully on that side the only damage besides some rusted hardware is dried up seals

so i'm polishing up the stainless a little and then i will reseal everything.

Crossing fingers that the passenger side isn't rusted out.

I locked out my distributor and installed my manifold today.. I just need to run my wires from my relay board to my sensors and do a couple little things... These "little things" are eating up my time :(

Scored a complete (almost pristine) front clip from a '72 Fastback for my Rustang. Got the frame rails, cross members, radiator support, shock towers, and torque boxes. Also found a really nice trunk lid (from the same car) - all for only $450 (most of which is labor from having to remove it from the car and pull the engine/tranny).

I tried to get the guy to just sell me the whole car, but he mentioned something about "it can't leave the yard unless it's going to the crusher," or some weird legal issue like that.

I will be going back for more stuff, though.

While waiting for my Mom (so I could put her new mirrors on her T-Bird), I started taking the dashboard apart. Most of the trim pieces are still in really good shape - just need some cleaning and repainting... and get some new ones down the road (with the chrome trim that's faded out on mine). The steel dash panel itself will need to be sanded down and repainted, but it's usable.

So far, it looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Finished cleaning my Rain gutter rails and roof on both sides of my car getting ready to install new parts and hopefully solve a leaking roof.

Mentally calculated how many more miles I can get on the passenger side front tire with most of the steel belts showing (as a result of the front end needing to be rebuilt so badly). I'm thinking between 10 and 15, but making sure the jack and spare are in good shape just in case.

Doc

Messed around with my carburetor. Just got it rebuilt and I need to dial it in.

just masked off my driver's side roof rail and Bombed it yellow, tomorrow i mask off the passenger side and bomb it yellow.

worked on my Quarter windows, ordered new seals, some new hardware showed up, still waiting on more.

Drove her around the block for the first time. Was surprised with how well the tranny held up. Was planning for the worst but was pleasantly surprised with how it was shifting. It actually idled up the driveway in reverse. If the carb was all dialed in I could have easily lit up the tires all the way down the block. Can't wait until I actually can. Couldn't believe how much power it had even with the carb out of tune. Had a smile on my face for an hour afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Painted passenger side roof today. Replaced quarter window seals repaired a mistake I made 4 years ago.

Finally got the correct hardware screws I needed just waiting on sealant and sealer.

Cleaned the mating surfaces for my intake. It said pull the dowel pins.

That took a little bit. Test fit the intake. Looks pretty good. Need to paint a couple of spots on the heads. Hope to get it together friday.

Got a new fuel pump and looked around for new points to put in my distributor. It's an old Accel that's been discontinued for like 25 years so finding parts is kinda hard.

Back