What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ordered new rims and tires, finally going to see how that Mustang Steve brake kit fits with wheels on it. Thinking of picking up the black brake cover. What do you guys think of putting covers over stock looking brakes?

Attachments

• Image 2024-04-29 at 11.31 PM.jpeg
    Image 2024-04-29 at 11.31 PM.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
Working on the EFI system. Finally installed the crank shaft position sensor from Innovators West. Also polished up the 3 belt front pulley and gave it a coat of Por15 Clear. Damn trigger wheel is going to make me use spacers on the entire pulley system.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Got a little busy and didn’t post it but I got a new windshield a couple weeks ago. It’s real nice not to have the wiper streaks and chips. It’s like there’s nothing there. I also had finger wide cracks in the rear window weatherstripping. I snagged a new one from NPD (USA made) and had it installed as well.

Yesterday I had a little help so I dropped the transmission for a rebuild. It shifts fine but leaks out the front pump seal like a sieve, even after a reseal by a professional. If it had to come out it might as well get upgraded. Going to get a B and M shift kit, upgraded clutches, solid band and probably other stuff I forgot. A little of the nasty before so we can appreciate the after.

Attachments

• IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6009.jpeg
    IMG_6009.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6010.jpeg
    IMG_6010.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Well ordered new rims and tires, finally going to see how that Mustang Steve brake kit fits with wheels on it. Thinking of picking up the black brake cover. What do you guys think of putting covers over stock looking brakes?
You asked for opinions on these covers...👎

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up, but I wouldn't knock you adding them if that's what you like.
Still interested in how the brakes work out.

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up, but I wouldn't knock you adding them if that's what you like.
Still interested in how the brakes work out.
I like anything that calls out “The Brand”.

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up,

+1 That's just dead weight.
I like anything that calls out “The Brand”.
Not me. Like when you see somebody driving around in a honda with a fartcan muffler and the huge H logo on the back glass and it says HONDA across the front window. Dude gets out and he's got on a honda t-shirt and the matching visor.

And back in the day. They really didnt even put "the brand" all over cars. Look at some of these old cars and try to find the ford logo. You can find it on some inconspicuous places like cast into the backside of parts or really tiny on the glass and plastics. But its not big enough for somebody to notice just looking at the car in passing.

+1 That's just dead weight.

Not me. Like when you see somebody driving around in a honda with a fartcan muffler and the huge H logo on the back glass and it says HONDA across the front window. Dude gets out and he's got on a honda t-shirt and the matching visor.

And back in the day. They really didnt even put "the brand" all over cars. Look at some of these old cars and try to find the ford logo. You can find it on some inconspicuous places like cast into the backside of parts or really tiny on the glass and plastics. But its not big enough for somebody to notice just looking at the car in passing.
To each their own. I am proud to drive a Mustang and will shout it out at any opportunity, so long as it’s classy.

As usual, not today exactly. Got the torque converter rebuilt so she’s ready for the refreshed transmission. The wife’s ‘72 made it to the house as well. It’s not in terrible shape I don’t think. Except for the last picture. Idk what that support is called. Is it repairable? Worth the effort?

Attachments

• IMG_6044.jpeg
    IMG_6044.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6035.jpeg
    IMG_6035.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6040.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 0
Today we completed refurbishment of our '72 convertible's fuel system. Everything except the metal fuel lines has now been replaced and the original factory carb has been rebuilt. New fuel tank, vapor recovery valve, sending unit, rubber lines, filler neck seals and cork gasket, hose clamps, fuel pump, fuel filter... the whole enchilada. Lotta work and cost, but it will never have to be done again (in my lifetime, anyway).

I hooked up the battery tenders to it, a 73 Mach 1, my 70 Dart Swinger, 2018 F-150 and 2022 Boxster GTS 4.0 to enjoy the weather at the cabin in north Idaho.

Well.........yesterday I washed, waxed, and detailed my "71 Mach 1. Today, I took it to the annual Father's Day Car Show, put on by the city of Boise here at the Capitol...............AND WON MY CLASS, Best 70s vintage! Make no mistake, there was some stiff competition, quite a showing of assorted cars, but a '69 Mach 1, a '70 Mach 1, and a '71 Z-28 Camaro were soooooo nice, I figured one of those would easily get the award. But, when the final bell rang, ( and the voting was done by all those who attended), they called me up to the announcers stand. Thank You Boise and Happy Father's Day back at you. Sorry, I didn't think to take a photo. I never thought I'd win, didn't go there to compete, just show.

Last edited:
Well.........yesterday I washed, waxed, and detailed my "71 Mach 1. Today, I took it to the annual Father's Day Car Show, put on by the city of Boise here at the Capitol...............AND WON MY CLASS, Best 70s vintage! Make no mistake, there was some stiff competition, quite a showing of assorted cars, but a '69 Mach 1, a '70 Mach 1, and a '71 Z-28 Camaro were soooooo nice, I figured one of those would get the award. But, when the final bell rang, ( and the voting was done by all those who attended), they called me up to the announcers stand. Thank You Boise and Happy Father's Day back at you.
Well done & congratulations!

I found a posted photo of my Mach 1 online, that someone else had shot of the car at the show. This was outside, around the Idaho Capitol grounds and side streets. There were 250 cars in attendance being shown, but here's my car, It's just a stock, clean driver . I'll bet I had the only vehicle there with stock wheels/hubcaps! Sharp eyes will find a Candy Apple red '66 Chevelle Convertible parked behind me, that guy and his wife bought it NEW in '66 and obviously love it. The couple who were parked in front of me (out of the photo), were showing a '65 Mustang GT coupe with a 4-speed, and so on. Lots of cool rides showed. I'll have to admit, there was a 1969 S/CRambler in attendance, with the red/white/blue paint scheme, 390, T-10, that made me stop and say "Bitchin"!

Attachments

• Father's Day Show 2024.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Week of June 17:
  • New set of US-made repro 15x7 Magnum 500 wheels with lug nuts and center caps, shod with BFG Radial T/A tires (215-65x15 front, 235-60x15 rear).
  • Four new KYB gas-filled shocks (hopefully the car will squat a bit when the new shocks get worn in!).
  • New upper and lower radiator hoses (concours-correct repro).
New wheels and tires 2024-06-19.jpg

Last edited:
Back