What stupid, abusive things have you done to your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,

We have to have details! What did she do? Reminds me of the very first time I let my girlfriend drive my 72 Mach 1. Instead of backing out of the parking space she drove forward running over the parking curb. I just reassured her it was ok and we continued. We have now been married over 40 years! She was a keeper even though she jumped my cool pony over that hunk of concrete.

Now tells us what the little woman did?
well to start she hit my mail box with the left front fender pulling into my drive way.

she had ankle surgery and was using crutches, put them in the back seat of the conv. then dropped the top on them,bending the crutches,and the rear tacking bow.

at a car show at a park she opened up the passenger door it slipped out of her hand and hit a 1967 trophy mustang.

broke off the under dash light just to mention a few
OK,

Say no more. I am hurting from that story. Especially hitting another car at a car show. Wow
Oh that's a cardinal sin right there. Ouch.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

I had just gotten my 1973 (im still hardly into the restoration and I was really curious to see what she had) id gotten it from my dad who got it from his father-in-law but nobody had time to get around to fixing it I was about 18 at the time (so about a year ago) and I pull on to mill creek road wich around here everyone knows that its the bumpiest roughest road there is. I knock my megashifter down in low lean on the (almost nonexistent) brakes wind it up a bit and let it go, my front end is horrible and and becouse the seat isn't rly attached im using my right hand to slapshift through gears and my left is holding my seat rodeo style so It don't fly away while I steer left kneed and keep it on the floor.......... I don't know how fast she was goin (because not even my spedo works) but when I don't think id ever do it again, not until shes restored at least, I love the 460 but I think after I knock the rust out of her ill sroke it out ;)

I'm not saying when or where, but I once chased cattle across a field about midnight under a full moon. Yes, there was a copius amount of barley pop involved. That was in my 73 Mach 1. It's true. God does look out for drunks and fools.

Oh geesh...well on my current Mustang I welded up the spider gears in the rear differential and went "Dukes of Hazzard" driving in the hills.

I shot some video of the whole escapade and ended up really having a blast sliding the car around in the dirt. It was all awesome until the third time out "practicing" my drifting in the dirt when the motor let go. I had to do some fast talking to get the tow truck driver out to where the car was.

Every time I took my 73 H code I made sure I hit 100mph at 17 years old. One night I was just getting started for the evening and had just pulled my first 100mph pull before I pulled into the gas station where my buddy's mom worked and she asked what was wrong with my car, I turned around and just saw white rolling out from under the hood, lifted it and it about knocked me down, I thought I had blown the engine. She called my parents to come down and Dad found the culprit a split in the upper radiator hose. I felt like an idiot and didn't get to go out that night.

Back