what tool do i need??!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hi guys!! i´m gonna take my rear window off again cause the water goes into the trunk like never seen before...

I think i didnt put the rubber seal correctly and now, i just want to do it right in order to wash the car without wetting all the interior...

I need to know.. maybe a picture.. what is the tool to propperly remove the aluminium trim, because there are quite fragil and as they are the originals, i´ll try to preserve it...

If anyone has a picture of the tool, please post it so i can reproduce the tool in my shop (YES... i do my own tools too :p )

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks Scott!!

You should really write a restoration book.. you seems to have all the tweaks and tips... I encourage you!!!! :p
Your ::welcome:: U...I guess after 20+ years of doing it for a living you learn some "tweaks & Tips" I was planning on doing a diy floor pan replacement video when I get to the rt side floor...& offering it for sale on my website.http://www.saturdaymorninggarage.com/ Floor pan replacement seems to be the most common & expensive repair that's needed on our cars & most other muscle cars of this era( I just need to work out the logestics of people being able to download it )

Thanks Scott!!

You should really write a restoration book.. you seems to have all the tweaks and tips... I encourage you!!!! :p
Your ::welcome:: U...I guess after 20+ years of doing it for a living you learn some "tweaks & Tips" I was planning on doing a diy floor pan replacement video when I get to the rt side floor...& offering it for sale on my website.http://www.saturdaymorninggarage.com/ Floor pan replacement seems to be the most common & expensive repair that's needed on our cars & most other muscle cars of this era( I just need to work out the logestics of people being able to download it )
I´ve checked your website and see a lot of your work here and you have a great point in your favor that you encourage "amatheur" restorers like me and a bunch of other guys to do our own work on our cars...

I think you can go much further than a floor pan repair video... Why don´t you think about publishing something more complete? Not only part by part on an especific type of body but with a bunch of examples, teach how to do a body work on this high quality wanna be cars?

Every classic sport car user dont want to "patch" to keep going but we always are looking for the best way to do a repair in order to "be invisible" but strong and funtional as any bosy repair should be...

Well.. i woiuld buy something like this for sure... What you know and you´ve been doing for a lot of years, guys like me has to imagine and try and try to get the things propperly done...

This is just my opinion! ;) we keep in touch!

Thanks Scott!!

I´ve checked your website and see a lot of your work here and you have a great point in your favor that you encourage "amatheur" restorers like me and a bunch of other guys to do our own work on our cars...

I think you can go much further than a floor pan repair video... Why don´t you think about publishing something more complete? Not only part by part on an especific type of body but with a bunch of examples, teach how to do a body work on this high quality wanna be cars?

Every classic sport car user dont want to "patch" to keep going but we always are looking for the best way to do a repair in order to "be invisible" but strong and funtional as any bosy repair should be...

Well.. i woiuld buy something like this for sure... What you know and you´ve been doing for a lot of years, guys like me has to imagine and try and try to get the things propperly done...

UF...Thanks for the ideas...For me to sit and write a book would take alot of my vaulable time...Not that I couldn't do it...But it's not in the cards for me at this time..Besides the Mustang I'm also doing a 71 Camaro ss/rs for myself(you can see it on the web site) which I have to have done by June (I'm planning to stay in Colorado for July & August & want to take the Camaro with me)..which is why I sent it out for the paint work..( I will be painting the mustang myself) Video on the other hand is just so much more fun & at the same time most people these days would prefer to have it shown step by step with a video..plus there's nothing like being right at my side as I walk you through the process..There's nothing like being there & it's the next best thing..Plus I can do a video shoot & edit in a very short amount of time.

Scott

UF...Thanks for the ideas...For me to sit and write a book would take alot of my vaulable time...Not that I couldn't do it...But it's not in the cards for me at this time..Besides the Mustang I'm also doing a 71 Camaro ss/rs for myself(you can see it on the web site) which I have to have done by June (I'm planning to stay in Colorado for July & August & want to take the Camaro with me)..which is why I sent it out for the paint work..( I will be painting the mustang myself) Video on the other hand is just so much more fun & at the same time most people these days would prefer to have it shown step by step with a video..plus there's nothing like being right at my side as I walk you through the process..There's nothing like being there & it's the next best thing..Plus I can do a video shoot & edit in a very short amount of time.

Scott
You´re right there Scott... I have no idea how much work would it be to write a book about a process... it´s always better not only for you but for the user, to see what´s going on... Maybe you can think of a compilated DVD that you eventually could do.. A lot of videos in an understandable order could be really helpful...

I saw your camaro.. great ride!! I dont know much about Camaros but some years ago, I passed on buying a 67 or 68 ss/rs original camaro that was in interesting shape... i was an idiot and i didnt have all the money so... i passed!

Well... about your knowledge in the body work, nothing else to say... I just telling you that a lot of people like me and even lots of body shops could use your advices and besides it could be an economical profit for you, you´ll help to do better jobs here and there... Nowadays, there´s almost no truly metal artists who knows how to deal with a decades old body part... Everybody is for the replace politics and some of us just love the original parts of a car

I believe a process of restoration should know which part you can fix and which you have to replace... Im my country where is not nothing near a classic car fashion... all classic wana be cars are those ones that are made of Bondo and bad finished and the other ones that are literally made in china... all repacement not even close to NOS parts..

Well Scott... i, like the others am a big fan of your work!! so videos or wheatever you should do something to teach us some of your talent

Latest posts

Back