Where are all these cars coming from all of a sudden?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible restomod
2010 Grand Marquis Marauder clone
1995 Impala SS
1995 Silverado 2500HD
1984 Prova Countach
1966 Batmobile
Haven't been on feebay for a while. Just looking at the listings and found 62 (sixty two!) 71-73 cars for sale.

Haven't been on feebay for a while. Just looking at the listings and found 62 (sixty two!) 71-73 cars for sale.
Hi there,

IMO, i think our 1,2,3's have been sleepers regards public popularity for many years. However, of late, the tides have turned, and now have found their place as a great respected popular classic car. Because selling values have risen quite well over the last decade, this has attracted more long time owners to come out of the woodwork, and sell on their cars to end up getting more monies for themselves.

In that sense, the 1,2,3 market has now become more open and fluid with greater stock now available at any given time, and decent numbers of these cars were made by Ford in the day, so a good supply are still available today.

Greg

Popularity of these cars are growing so owners of these vehicles will capitalize on their rise in demand. Car flippers are now selling 71-3 . Here’s one with a poorly executed front bumper conversion

Attachments

• 9AEAE177-1206-4984-AA60-1712B1282EC3.png
    9AEAE177-1206-4984-AA60-1712B1282EC3.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Of the two I checkout this year, both were being sold by the previous owners children. Maybe more available due to us getting past too old? Just a thought.

That statement got me thinking, I probably should have some sort of plan for my car before I leave this earth. Mine you I no plans today for anything at all. !!!
I’ve been taking care of my care with the idea that I’m a temporary owner. I’m just a care taker for the next guy. My health has been declining and I’m approaching my end. I’ve explained to my wife what she has sitting in the garage so she doesn’t give the car away as junk. I’ve also given her my mechanic’s number for guidance in the sale of it after I depart. That’s all I can do for now and the next care taker will be very happy with their investment.

Sadly, I don’t have anyone worthy of passing my cars, car parts, and tools to. My relatives would just sell it all and have no clue as to its value.

Soon, I am going to sell two 71-73's amongst other cars as my age and situation says simplify and I am better than anyone after me to know what I'm selling. I prefer to leave this earth with as few things as I can justify.

Popularity of these cars are growing so owners of these vehicles will capitalize on their rise in demand. Car flippers are now selling 71-3 . Here’s one with a poorly executed front bumper conversion
Lots of incorrect things about that '73. Wrong side stripes, wrong wheels, gloss black on the hood, and that's just what's visible in the one picture!

Back