Where do these rubber bumpers go?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper679

Reaction score
Um.... forgot where these went. Can someone please prove my wife right when she told me to take better notes and help me?

Attachments

• 20230829_215603.jpg
    20230829_215603.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Thanks for the clues! For the small pointy ones, I was thinking glove box stopper and license plate stopper as I think 4 or 5 of the little guys came in the kit. The bigger one only had 2 in the bumper kit.... I do have 4 of the more elongated hood bumpers that I think go on the fender by the fender bolts on either side of the engine compartment that also came in the kit..... not sure about the bigger bumper pictured though (I have 2 of those)
Thanks!

I can't tell for sure, but as I recall, the rear bump stops were a squeeze in fit. Could the larger one be a bump stop? How hard is the rubber? The bump stop is pretty firm. I think the front ones were had a stud, but the rears were squeeze in and were a PITA to seat. I agree with others that the smaller ones are for the glove box and license plate. Good luck!

The bigger one looks like a hood to fender bumper...
On second thought, it doesn't look like anything I see on my 71-73 Mustangs. Might not even be a Ford part...

Here's the CJ's rubber kit.

1693487242343.png

Thanks all. I think I probably got sent some rubber bumpers that don't belong in my kit. I appreciate everyone's help!!

Back