WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what your looking at is the 2 new light bezel surrounds my friend Marco made on his CNC.  Each of these 1-1/4" cut pieces will sit behind the tail light panel to set the newly made lenses back deeper into the trunk. Each of the three sections is tapered and therefore the amount of lens you will see is smaller than the stock lenses. I'm going to vacuume form new lenses that pop up 1/2" and it will all still work without my LED's. All this to achieve a very clean and updated look while paying respect to the original look. As far as l am concerned the smaller the lenses the better.

IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Program is done to cut out the shspe for the vacuum form tail light lenses. Going to make a homemade vacuumform box and get to it.

IMG_0667.JPG

Wow that looks great! Looking forward to seeing the taillights. I've fiddled with a home made vacuum box and I wish I had more projects to put it to use.

IMG_0703.PNGPrototype getting closer to completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I like it a lot but I'm hesitant about those back up lights too. It makes for too many vertical lines with the wider bezels. I think they need to be all red. Plus it'll look more like it was designed to be cool as opposed to being practical.

My friend Marco said exactly the same thing. He'd like to see separate reverse lights all together located somewhere else. Possibly below the bumper line. I agree but the LED panel has them in the stock location. I suppose two valuable opinions can't be wrong. Thanks for you ur honest opinion. Keep it honest please. BTW it's getting another feature to suit my eye......

IMG_0732.PNGMore like this. Thinner line. It won't be a pin stripe. It will light up with the rest of the lens. Also opted to relocate the reverse lights.

How about using the reverse lights from a 69 Mach 1. 

69mach1tails.jpg

I was thinking of using 68 but I think they're the same. Thanks. That's a killer 69 BTW

Yeah I think you're right. Not my car btw. Found the car online lol. But she is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back