WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red line sections do light up. They were clear and then I painted the back of it with candy red paint which is translucent. They will definitely work with the led panel if it's the same flat panel that is made for our cars. The entire piece starts off life being completely clear. I chose to put those colours where you see them. The satin black is on the outside of the lens so that it appears satin. Anything painted from behind will always be the natural high gloss of the plastic surface. In other words if someone tells me they want the entire piece to be painted translucent candy red with no black details I can do that too. Don't think that would look good but it's doable if asked for.
"...candy red paint which is translucent."   :idea:   Now it all makes sense.  I'm still in.    :D

Well spoken Angelo. Are they available for a 71 mustera?
Lol. What are you going to do Ray order a pair and hang them on your garage wall like a neon sign?

Damn. Looks cool. I'd be honoured. How is your tail light panel coming along anyway?

This is the foam piece we just finished. Final adjustments made to clear the glass being hit by the fully opened trunk. It all needed to be shifted up by 1-1/2" by tightening up each Louvre by 1/2". Worked out as we expected. Now we laminate our 3" of MDF and CNC the final buck ready for thermal forming lexan or plexi glass pieces.

Notice how Marco curved the shape of each louver to mimic the contour of the open trunk lid. Looks so nice I may have to drive with the trunk propped open lol.

I won't put the currently available aftermarket louvers on my car. They look too cheap.

But I NEED to get a set of these.
I have exactly those and found them to look too busy. They fact that I like the look of the "era of the lovers "  on 70's muscle, is what inspired this idea. But 3 step vs. 6 step. gives the car the feel of a vintage Miura Lambo or even the rear glass cover of the F40. It still serves the original purpose of protecting the rear passengers from a direct sun beating. but the cool factor is the name of the game here. The car will more than likely be named the VILAN- KING PYTHON. Being that it's the largest appearing mustang generation so a few scales of this louvered glass going down its back doesn't hurt the namesake. Some of the styling ques to give attention to this name is the rear glass, the openings in the front facia that appear as nostrils, the widened quarters for the thickness of a python and for sure the split front spoiler like the unhinged mouth and jaw of a python that swallows its prey whole lol. I tell you, I'm having a blast with this cars design. Even the stock Mach 1 hood "black out" looks like the top of a snakes head without having to change anything. I'd love for the first impression to be that of a python as long as it's done with extreme taste. Don't worry I'm not going to paint scales on the thing lol.

This is a sample of of the tail light panel being machined out of acrylic. Looks like Marco got the tooling just right. With minor tweaking he could have a finished piece in about 6 hours of machining.

You can see how the acrylic cut away piece fits over the tail light bucket and lens.

https://ibb.co/jTefsG

E9_CAF922_5574_41_F8_8_EA6_3_DB939949_FEA.png

Hi all. Been a long time. Notice a few changes to the site. Nice. Well, work is done and my vacation has steered. I was fortunate enough to have met someone who came highly recommend to help me finish the body on the car. Today is the first day I’ve been on the car in nearly a year but with Ivan’s skill and pace we will have lots to show you in the days to come. Plan is to have the quarters finally mounted tomorrow after all this time and have the body in primer by weeks end.

photo uploading sites free

Instead of working on the car this summer I spent every free weekend enjoying our new hobby with my kids. It’s actually the best way I’ve found to get serious quality time/fun with my kids and to rage out on speed and lateral g’s. Enough to fracture my rib lol. When you throw a kart around and get thrown around in a kart you really don’t feel the urge to drive anything but cruising speeds on the street. Makes for a calmer driver in me.

photo uploading sites free

Instead of working on the car this summer  I spent every free weekend enjoying our new hobby with my kids. It’s actually the best way I’ve found to get serious quality time/fun with my kids and to rage out on speed and lateral g’s. Enough to fracture my rib lol. When you throw a kart around and get thrown around in a kart you really don’t feel the urge to drive anything but cruising speeds on the street. Makes for a calmer driver in me.
Awesome, Im with ya brother!  Cant beat a good weekend with the kids at the kart track. Also cant wait to see the progress on the car!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back