Window track and regulator interchange help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
Hi all looking for any information on window track and regulator interchange. What works for fastback, coupe and convertible, specifically the rear 1/4 glass. I have a set of convertible rear quarter window tracks. (manual windows)  

1. Are the regulators AND tracks the same for the fastback, vert, coupe? Or will tracks regulators only work for the specific models? 

2. Is the glass in the vert specific or is it the same as the coupe? I know fastback quarter glass is unique. 

Any help is appreciated

Hi all looking for any information on window track and regulator interchange. What works for fastback, coupe and convertible, specifically the rear 1/4 glass. I have a set of convertible rear quarter window tracks. (manual windows)  

1. Are the regulators AND tracks the same for the fastback, vert, coupe? Or will tracks regulators only work for the specific models? 

2. Is the glass in the vert specific or is it the same as the coupe? I know fastback quarter glass is unique. 

Any help is appreciated
The rear qtr glass is different (specific to) for all three models.  Also, there are tinted and clear glass versions. Finally, door glass is the same for Coupes/Convertibles, and different for fastbacks, also there are different versions of door glass for manual or powered windows. Powered window glass has a circular cutout on the bottom for motor clearance.

The manual qtr regulators are the same for all models. The power window qtr regulators are the same for coupes and convertibles.

The qtr glass tracks and mounting plates ( attaches the glass to the regulator) are different between each model but I am not sure about that.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Back