WINTER, will it ever end?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 They will be skiing in Tahoe in

July in a bikini.

mike
 The girls I hope you mean!!

It doesn't seem to matter where one lives these days, bad weather is becoming the norm. It's "global warming" you know! Yeah right. Methane is far worse then carbon any day, but the governments can't figure out a way to put a tax on cows farting.

About California, the guy I bought my car from, had enough and moved to Germany!!

The weather here is finally getting a little less crispy, but still cold north winds to deal with. Maybe next week Eh!

Geoff.

More of the same. High of 42 on Thursday in Detroit. I am glad not going to the Tigers home opener. Way to cold to sit and watch a ball game. I will go in July its got to be warm by then.

John J

Well almost!!

Today hit about 52 F, lovely sunny day, but a bit of a cold wind. I was Soooo tempted to take the old girl out, the Mustang I mean, but then I looked at the pile of salt left by an over zealous city worker after the snow the other day and thought better of it. The roads are more white than the normal dark grey, so now we need rain and lots of it. Can't win!!

Geoff.

Winter is over here, it is now fall as in pollen falling everywhere
That'll be the best part of a month for us yet, but looking forward to it. Spring is MY time of year!

For now, I'll take 3 or 4 inches of rain to clean the roads first. Not all at once though.

This week is supposed to warm here in the Texas Hill country. Unfortunately my wife and I fly out for a couple of weeks in Cost Rica tomorrow...

This week is supposed to warm here in the Texas Hill country. Unfortunately my wife and I fly out for a couple of weeks in Cost Rica tomorrow...
 That sucks! A couple of weeks in Costa Rica...……….. I could handle that about now.

Got to keep the missus happy!

Winter never ends; it simply moves back and forth from here to there (Australia/Oz-land) twice a year.

That fat rat lied, said we were going to have an early spring. No such luck here. Although we’ll hit around 60 this weekend, it’s supposed to be back down in the 40’s next week.
Yeah, that other Fat Rat "Wiarton Willie" lied too. It seems that now matter what "they" say, it'll be the opposite. cant' trust anybody these days!

Here, in Los Angeles, it's Springtime. Pollen is giving my allergies a workout. There are a few errant clouds rolling through threatening a light shower here and there, but, after having a good and wet winter ( appx 110% of average, after years of drought ), the ever bombastic Network News on the TV, will say " when will the showers end?" Be awfully carefull what you wish for. I'm happy for all the rain we got this year, and the snowpack in the mountain resort areas hasn't even started to melt off yet, bringing more water to the lowland reservoirs.

It will be summer soon enough, and then the news people will be saying " another triple digit temp day tomorrow, when will it end?"

There's no use in griping about weather, only the Man upstairs controls such things.

I hear you all! The weather is one thing we have no control over...……… or do we? Its' "global warming" !!! Hmmmm.

We did not (yet) get snow today as forecast, but i's damn cold again. Up and down like a toilet seat (or other things that go up and down regularly)

Why do people complain so much, it's too cold, it's too hot, it's too...……….

Yeah, I know, I complained first about the winter never ending.

Happy Spring to all,

Geoff.

Today I declare Winter officially over!! Now it's "Rainy Season"

I finally took the Mustang out today for a spin primarily to check out the newly rebuilt shifter and have to report it works waaay better than before. It's a treat to finally be able to change gears without having to yank on the lever, so job done! The car ran great after a long winter's sleep.

Geoff.

Good job Geoff, I bet it felt great. Mine is still about a year from being driven and I can't wait. Glad the weather is better there, where I am, we usually only get winter temps for a couple months and even then, it only goes in the mid-20s, today was in the 80s or so, all I know is it was hot working on my project.

Tom

Good job Geoff, I bet it felt great. Mine is still about a year from being driven and I can't wait. Glad the weather is better there, where I am, we usually only get winter temps for a couple months and even then, it only goes in the mid-20s, today was in the 80s or so, all I know is it was hot working on my project.

Tom
 Tom, 80's! I wish. We barely got above 50 today with a cool breeze, but at least the sun was out. And yes, it was nice to get the old girl going again.

Next weeks forecast is rain most of the time so if nothing else, it will wash the rest of any remaining salt off. So not looking like I'll be driving the Mustang for a while.

Geoff.

Back