Wiring Harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjd

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Took the engine totally apart and now trying to figure out what are some of the unknown connections on the wiring harness. After figuring out what they are what are they used for. See Attachment for details.

1973 Mustang Mach1 351C 2VWireHarness.pdf

Attachments

• 1973 Mustang Mach1 351C 2VWireHarness.pdf
    170.7 KB · Views: 36
Took the engine totally apart and now trying to figure out what are some of the unknown connections on the wiring harness. After figuring out what they are what are they used for. See Attachment for details.
1. It will help if you find the wire colors. Gently clean the wire and there is usually a stripe or such.

2. In DATA there are original wiring diagrams that are fairly easy to follow if you have the colors. It will be good for you to use these diagrams as you may need them later for errors.

Are the 4th pic conectors have a blue wire?

They plug wise look to be for the horn(s).

Yup...clean the wires and report on the PDF what colors they are; that will help us out tremendously.

Yup...clean the wires and report on the PDF what colors they are; that will help us out tremendously.
Is the PDF a wiring diagram? If so where can I get me hands on it?

Also as stated earlier the horns work.

Above under the DATA tab
1. When printing, I find the PRINTER ICON for my PDF reader works better then the FILE PRINT option. Not quite sure why.

2. The original wiring diagrams are printed on 22 x 34 inch paper. The information/drawings posted here matches what I have, but I don't know the best way to print it out. It is not that hard once you have the wire colors and you find the components.

Back