won't start, no power at all (battery is good)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is correct. Although not used originally, many members, including me, run an additional ground from the back of the engine to the firewall/cowl area.

When you go to the parts store make sure you get a battery terminal brush and battery terminal protectant. Even new terminals and posts should be cleaned prior to installing. You can get the felt pads that goes under the connectors or spray on protection that helps prevent corrosion.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you order this kit you'll see that it comes with 2 black cables. The other one is the starter cable, although I GUESS it could be used as an additional ground.

That would be a waste of pretty nice cable though.

***Update***

Is this weird? I swapped the battery with a new one. Headlights working now, always clicking when I turn the key but still no start (solenoid)

BUT after that I put my old battery back with the bad cell. Headlights are back and it fired up right after I turned the key.

Sounds to me like bad connectivity at the battery posts and/or corrosion within the battery cables where they end at connectors.

Back