Any idea what these are called?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifizgud

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertable
You can see the white seal part on the front of the interior 1/4 panel. What is this called, and anyone have ideas on who may have a pair of them?

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

I think what you are referring to is called windlace. It is a rubber like seal that is C shaped and clips on around the exposed edge of the trim panel. They are available through most of the parts houses. Although something does not quite look right in your pictures. It almost look like it goes behind the panel, which windlace would not do. I am thinking it may be someones later fix to something??

I think what you are referring to is called windlace. It is a rubber like seal that is C shaped and clips on around the exposed edge of the trim panel. They are available through most of the parts houses. Although something does not quite look right in your pictures. It almost look like it goes behind the panel, which windlace would not do. I am thinking it may be someones later fix to something??
I was just going to reply..they are the same on my 73 vert also......but shouldn't they be colour coded to your interior? My interior is white and so is the windlace on the interior rear quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windlace should match interior color. Reproduction is junk and does not even come close to the original shape & fit. Try to find original pieces- if you need to refresh the color, use vinyl dye.

I have it on my site

71-3 windlace gets stapled to the back of the panel

Item #QTW71

71-73 WINDLACE, INTERIOR QUARTER TRIM

Pair. Use to trim the edges of rear interior quarter panels. Black, White, Blue, Vermillion or Ginger.

I also have the 1/4 post seals

Don

Item #D1ZZ-6528182/3A

71-73 QUARTER POST SEALS, PAIR

Pair of 1/4 seals, correct reproductions with steel reinforcements. Price: $19.95

Back