1972 mach1 2v

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottenralph

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Bright Lime green Mach 1. Has 351c 4v heads with Holley manifold and summit 650 cfm carb, power steering, Power disc front brakes, FMX 3 speed auto tranny, and A/C. The car sits on 17 inch Eleanor wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear. Car is nice bust needs some love under the hood.
Here is what the report says. Just curious, was the front spoiler an option as well. Someone got a little happy with the paint color but it just so happens I really like it.

Nice report and car...I always liked the Pewter exterior. The fold down rear seat and A/C are nice options to have.

The factory did not offer the front spoiler and these were either put on by the dealer or aftermarket.

Here is what the report says. Just curious, was the front spoiler an option as well. Someone got a little happy with the paint color but it just so happens I really like it.

Air in the Mid-south is an absolute must. I suspect it will make selling the car some day much easier especially when it works. All the parts are there but just not hooked up. Plan to remedy that right after the Engine issues are worked out. It has too many go fast parts to run as poorly as it does so it is in the shop getting that sorted out right now. Hope I am not looking at a rebuild but that would be worst case scenario. Power front disk brakes are a big plus in my book as well. Is the rear folding seat an unusual option or more dime a dozen? What do the stock wheels that came on this look like?? I suspect I went right with this cover. This is Corinthian black vinyl, right?

20140719_165412.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been curious about how yours was built. Simple, but nicely optioned car; very sensibly ordered with the Sportdeck seats.

A cool, do-everything cruiser without loss of practicality, yet tastefully understated in Light Pewter. Neat!

-Kurt

Cuda, mine is probably a 1 of a kind. Did not realize stripes were an option. Does the tire size give away what type of wheels I should have?

Cuda, mine is probably a 1 of a kind. Did not realize stripes were an option. Does the tire size give away what type of wheels I should have?
Stripes were an option. If you didn't have stripes, you'd get anodized moldings (can't recall if they are stainless or aluminum) across the bodyside. The Diamonds are Forever cars in the film are good examples of how an original non-stripe car looks. Any car without stripes and without moldings would have had stripes originally, and any car that pairs moldings with stripes never had the stripes from the factory.

There are no hubcaps or Magnum 500's called out in your report, so it would have ridden on 14x7" Ford steel rims with deep trim rings and matching dog dish hub caps

Big discussion about the differing size hub caps here:

www.7173mustangs.com/thread-standard-hubcaps-for-14x7-cars-how-deep?action=newpost

And how to identify the deep-dish 14x7" trim rings from the 14x6", also with pictures:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-identifying-14x6-vs-14x7-deep-dish-standard-trim-rings-and-sport-wheel-covers

-Kurt

Can't see taking my pretty Eleanor wheels off for 14's with hub caps. Car is wrong color anyway. It is interesting seeing how many options are available out there. One of the cars listed in the bottom of the thread has about 20 different options. My car is truly simple with its choices.

Can't see taking my pretty Eleanor wheels off for 14's with hub caps. Car is wrong color anyway. It is interesting seeing how many options are available out there. One of the cars listed in the bottom of the thread has about 20 different options. My car is truly simple with its choices.
Of course; after all, the car now wears a new styling of its own now.

But just make sure to send any of those unwanted 14x7" trim rings my way for proper disposal ;) :p

-Kurt

...Plan to remedy that right after the Engine issues are worked out. It has too many go fast parts to run as poorly as it does so it is in the shop getting that sorted out right now. Hope I am not looking at a rebuild but that would be worst case scenario. ...

This is Corinthian black vinyl, right?
Your car came with an FMX and a 2.75 rear. This was the standard setup on an H-code car. However this is also a very slow setup for off the line speed. Even with lot's of go fast engine mods the final 1st gear ratio at the rear tires is all wrong for off the line performance. The final gear ratio for your car in first gear is 6.60 if it still has the FMX and original rear.

If the final 1st gear ratio is real big, like >12, then the launch will resemble a dump truck; lots of noise but doesn't go anywhere. The reverse is true if the ratio is in the < 8 range, the car will likely go 100 mph in first gear but starts off the line really, really slow until it gets up to speed. A 9-10-11 range for the first gear ratio is desirable.

Back