4 speed conversion price

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Green Mach 1
2013 Race Red California Special Convertible
1964 Corvette Convertible
What's a fair price to pay for all the parts necessary to convert to a 4 speed. Everything from the pedals, bell housing, clutch, flywheel, tranny, drive shaft etc.

I buddy just picked up a parts car with a 4 speed. If I can convince him to sell, how much do I offer?

You could spend $1000 easy sourcing parts individually. I would spend some time on Ebay and add everything up...

The canned answer would be that a 'fair' price is one that the both the buyer and seller are happy with....

71mach351,

A decent correct year Toploader 4 speed for the 1971-1973 years could set you back $1000.00 or better, depending on what they want for it. I can say that I helped a friend convert a 1972 Mach one from a C6 Cobra Jet to the toploader 4 speed. Fortunately, we had collected a lot of the required parts. Would I do it again? Probably not. If you can find a complete parts car with all of the required hardware, then maybe. Also, I would look into the 2 speed overdrive that one can install on the C6. There are several options out there.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
You could spend $1000 easy sourcing parts individually. I would spend some time on Ebay and add everything up...

The canned answer would be that a 'fair' price is one that the both the buyer and seller are happy with....
I would be very surprised if all parts needed for said conversion, rebuilt or new and ready to roll, can be had for $1K.

Back