COWL VENT GRILLES

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin J

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
302 / 3 speed / ps, pb, ac
The cowl vent grilles have dried and deteriorated on my '73 Convertible. I cant seem to find them anywhere. The passenger side is part number D1ZB65018A16-AA and I'm afraid to remove the drivers side because it's so brittle. Any leads will be appreciated.

::thumb::

vent grille.jpg

I have good used ones

Found a couple of sets :whistling:

pm sent

032.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The cowl vent grilles have dried and deteriorated on my '73 Convertible. I cant seem to find them anywhere. The passenger side is part number D1ZB65018A16-AA and I'm afraid to remove the drivers side because it's so brittle. Any leads will be appreciated.

::thumb::

I'd like a pair for my 72.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like a pair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what a lot of henpecked husbands say...::devil:::whistling:lollerz

All,

Here is another solution. They are not cheap though.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/mustang-cowl-vents-polished-billet-aluminum-1970-1973.html

25sof9e.png

mustang7173 :chin:

All,

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/mustang-cowl-vents-polished-billet-aluminum-1970-1973.html

25sof9e.png

I have the Eddie Motorsport billet cowl vents pictured above. The template they have used is nothing like the originals and the fit is crap. They list fixing brackets as part of the package but only come with fixing screws. I contacted them 3 times asking about the brackets and to see if there were any install instructions when mine arrived without brackets and no obvious fixing method. After ignoring me they finally replied and said there were no brackets and to simply just drill new holes and use the self tappers included with the cowl vents. The new cowl vents are still sitting on my work bench waiting for me to fabricate some brackets and the Eddie Motorsport website listing for this product still says they come with fixing brackets.

The MS275 door jamb louvres, on the other hand, are an excellent fit although I ordered both the cowl vents and door jamb louvres in matte black anodized, the mesh on the cowl vents arrived black whilst the mesh on the louvres was silver ::shrug::

Both items arrived hermetically sealed vacuum packed and appeared to have been made in China, although I could be wrong.

Unfortunately both of these items are not repopped, if Don has some grab them as flat cowl vents in good condition are hard to get!

Cheers...

...Mickus

All,

25sof9e.png

I have the Eddie Motorsport billet cowl vents pictured above. The template they have used is nothing like the originals and the fit is crap. They list fixing brackets as part of the package but only come with fixing screws. I contacted them 3 times asking about the brackets and to see if there were any install instructions when mine arrived without brackets and no obvious fixing method. After ignoring me they finally replied and said there were no brackets and to simply just drill new holes and use the self tappers included with the cowl vents. The new cowl vents are still sitting on my work bench waiting for me to fabricate some brackets and the Eddie Motorsport website listing for this product still says they come with fixing brackets.

The MS275 door jamb louvres, on the other hand, are an excellent fit although I ordered both the cowl vents and door jamb louvres in matte black anodized, the mesh on the cowl vents arrived black whilst the mesh on the louvres was silver ::shrug::

Both items arrived hermetically sealed vacuum packed and appeared to have been made in China, although I could be wrong.

Unfortunately both of these items are not repopped, if Don has some grab them as flat cowl vents in good condition are hard to get!

Cheers...

...Mickus
The fitment issue statement is 100% correct. Been there done that. Got the refund.

Back