Jump to content

Recommended Posts

that would do it lol I took mine out for the maiden voyage and stopped at its new part time home and took a pic lol gas hungry for sure!!! but it is driving really nice so far. but it doesn't have the low end tq outer used to with the carburetor. hopefully it just needs time to adjust and since tuning.

IMAG2642.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would do it lol I took mine out for the maiden voyage and stopped at its new part time home and took a pic lol gas hungry for sure!!!  but it is driving really nice so far.  but it doesn't have the low end tq outer used to with the carburetor.  hopefully it just needs time to adjust and since tuning.

IMAG2642.jpg

 

Casperfast,

 

Nice! Did you install the EFI 600 version?  Please check out https://www.fitechefituning.com/ . I have account there to research the FiTech EFI.

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

All,

 

After all of the hard work with the vacuum leak of the intake, got it sealed up and running. I still had the gas smell, and smoking from the exhaust side of things. I also noticed , after shut off, that a fuel vapor was coming from the top of my FiTech 400. I said, never seen that. I finally said, what the hay, let's see if the AFR is adjustable on the EFI400. Sure enough, it is. I adjusted from 14.7 to 12.1 and wow, what a difference it made. Another "Bone Head Moment here! It is the best I have the EFI 400 running on my roller 302! Now, off to the IAC and tweaking the AFR settings.

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

All,

 

I was able to resolve the fluctuating RPM issue with my FiTech 400. It was a modified CDI box from Intellitronix. The signal from the CDI must have been erratic or dirty, thus causing the fluctuating RPM problem. Also, my factory tachometer is now working. I was looking into the modified tach from Rocketman. I may still do it to prevent possible issues with a bad tach. This CDI might be designed for carburetor engines. I plan on emailing them to see.

 

Intellitronix_CDI.jpg

 

Thanks,

 

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


About Us

7173Mustangs.com is a community forum designed especially for fans and owners of the 1971, 1972 and 1973 Ford Mustang! We are not affiliated with Ford Motor Company in any way.

7173logo_small.png

Site Info

Founded:
July 2010

By:
Webfinity Design

From:
Latrobe, PA

×
×
  • Create New...