What did you do today instead of working on your Mustang?

Chuck that is sure one to hang on to. A friend of mine owned a Lincoln/Mercury dealership and always used to bring cars like that by where I worked just to drive me crazy. But with the expenses I incurred beating my 429 Torino and Mach1 to death didn't leave much $$ left for something as nice as your Cougar. I know I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but most of the Eliminator's where I was were 428's, so your G code is certainly a rare cat! Well done!!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the weekend I took a 2 day course on tuning Holley EFI systems. Was really interesting seeing some of the things you can do with them. And even though it was a GM, on day 2 the guy running the co

Finally got a chance to finish up my wife's new computer.  Back in June, she mentioned that Blizzard would be releasing a new expansion pack for World of Warcraft, and that her machine might not be ab

Did a little work on a nice 97 F150.  Patched bed and chipguard bottom.    

Posted Images

Finally got my GMC out of the garage....

Crossover high steer with hydraulic assist done.  

Now to clean the garage floor since it barfed power steering everywhere.

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

D

Took the big red jeep out wheeling yesterday. It's starting to warm up here in Phoenix so not many more weekends of wheeling in the desert.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

I am Haze Grey and Underway (Navy term for out to sea) getting ready for a deployment. But I did get on here and look at some car parts around the interwebs!

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

Yesterday, played at Fort Concho for the Regional Cavalry Competition Parade and Frontier Day... and not a whole lot else.  Today, mowed the lawn and cleaned the pool.  Gotta head out of town tomorrow for a week.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do something fun with the Mustang next weekend.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

We spent the day at the local dirt kart track. My son won the feature in the season opener! We had a blast!

IMG_1108.jpg

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

We spent the day at the local dirt kart track. My son won the feature in the season opener! We had a blast!

IMG_1108.jpg

Awesome. Congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Attended a wedding. :shootself: Few things I like less.

Got up early Sunday and drove from Nashville to Tuscaloosa

Went to the Alabama spring Scrimmage/A day game

Ate dinner at Nicks in the Sticks

Spent Sunday at Barber watching the Honda Indy car race

Drove home, through the rain and got in at 8:30pm and had a late dinner

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I did buy main and rod bearings, so that counts.. but I made a set of crucible tongs to use with my new graphite crucible. I have been experimenting with backyard aluminum casting using green sand and this is a major upgrade for me since I can melt a lot more metal at once. I have a 3d printer to make plugs for molds and have never attempted a 2 part mold. I will try something this week.

I did buy main and rod bearings, so that counts.. but I made a set of crucible tongs to use with my new graphite crucible. I have been experimenting with backyard aluminum casting using green sand and this is a major upgrade for me since I can melt a lot more metal at once. I have a 3d printer to make plugs for molds and have never attempted a 2 part mold. I will try something this week.

That sounds like a neat project.  I got to do some sand casting about 20 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on building some of these(H.O. scale) ,Not my mustang but still cars. :D 

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

free photo uploading sites

IMG_3005.jpg

where can i upload pictures to share for free

IMG_2684.jpg

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Well it was actually a couple of days ago though returning home today we did a run from outside San Antonio (home) to the San Bernadino mountains where they own a family cabin to send her parents ashes where they wished. A great trip of closure whilst also visiting friends in Tuscon for a couple of days along the way. We are happy to be home.

Worked on a Habitat for Humanity home build in Weed California for a few hours.  Set up a temporary power service for one of the home build sites.  

IMG_2487.jpg

Working on building some of these(H.O. scale) ,Not my mustang but still cars. :D 

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

free photo uploading sites

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

Very nice.  Are you old enough to know who Pat Dennis is?

4_23_12.jpg

2.jpg

Went to the range with friends from work. Everyone shoots theirs and everyone else's iron.:banana:

Baptized my new home built AR15, zeroed with one click of right. Picked off a golf ball on top of a soda can at 100yds. Soda can still standing till the next shot. Let everybody shoot my M-1 carbine, AR and my MP9. Got to shoot three different AK's Two Mosin Nagants , a CZ-75 a Weatherby, a 300blackout AR and finally a M-1 Garand. Got home and spent three hours cleaning guns. :bravo:

Rick, not Rich or Dick or Richard

• 1 month later...

IMG_2891.jpg

Wired up this garage on a Habitat for Humanity home today. Got 2 more Habitat homes to wire up this summer.

Might get some of the dash parts back in the Mustang tomorrow.

Took my two girls and wife out for a ride in the mustang and a picnic for Father's Day. Everyone had a blast.

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Took my two girls and wife out for a ride in the mustang and a picnic for Father's Day. Everyone had a blast.

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

Priceless.....

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Got this shirt for father's day...20170618_090131.thumb.jpg.624ea67d1565a0c0b70d6e9d60971ee4.jpg

Just spent fathers day with the wife, four children, and three grand children, my mom, dad and sister. What a nice day!

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I tackled a job I had put off for a year. I had bought a really heavy duty rotisserie from a friend and it had sat outside for a year. Of course our friend Mr. Rust had taken over. This is not your typical rotisserie it was built by a former Tool & Die maker and they always go overboard. Most of the frame is 1/4" thick box or round tube. I cannot pick most pieces up by myself. I spent a week and wore out several really heavy wire brushes on a 4" side grinder. On the last small piece the grinder grabbed and got my left hand and ate me up. I just got healed up enough to get back on it yesterday. So I got everything painted with the paint I got mixed at Lowe's to match the Ford corporate blue. My son helped me set a couple of the pieces together and hope to finish up assembly today. Will probably get the A code 4 speed 1965 vert mounted on it first and do some floor and frame repairs. It is not too bad I bought in the 70's and put it up to keep.

Pics maybe later today.

Ok between doing remodel on house and working on cars and everything I got behind on finishing the Rotisserie. It is done and in the work room. That thing is a beast and is really built strong and has adjustment to allow any vehicle to be mounted. I will only be doing 1965 Mustangs and 1972 and 73 Mustangs so won't be lots of adjustment needed. It is made to hook up in front on the frame rails where the bumper mounts and in the rear where the springs mount. The end next to the consoles swivels so you can steer it and the really large inflated tires make it easy to move around. There is a tongue on the swivel end also. I got it when shop closed for $800 and will sure beat rolling around on the floor. I saw it with a Camaro on it and you could rotate with one finger. Has four stabilizers, jack stands, on corners also that makes it steady when working.

When I get a car where it is right I will drill reference holes so I can go right back to same place easy.

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

image hostings

After working in the work room I am going to order 4 more of the LED lights like I have that are vapor proof made for paint room. I will add one on each side in the middle and one on each end. When I wired it I made provisions for them there but was told by the supplier that 4 was enough but not if you are painting.

So now to get a car mounted and get something done.

BTW the paint I used is something pretty new at our local Lowe's.  They actually laser scanned the valve cover in the picture and mixed the paint to match Ford corporate blue. The air cleaner lid is an original Ford which has probably faded a bit. I think it is a pretty good match. Using it on all my equipment in the shop. It is also a rust inhibitor from Valspar called Armor. It is much less cost than others like Rustoleum and can be mixed any color and Rustoleum cannot be mixed. I put on with brush and roller and it looks pretty good and dries hard in a couple weeks.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I am now at my property in north Idaho through August enjoying the cool so many miles away from my car. That said, I did wash my '99 F150 4x4 here...

I tackled a job I had put off for a year. I had bought a really heavy duty rotisserie from a friend and it had sat outside for a year. Of course our friend Mr. Rust had taken over. This is not your typical rotisserie it was built by a former Tool & Die maker and they always go overboard. Most of the frame is 1/4" thick box or round tube. I cannot pick most pieces up by myself. I spent a week and wore out several really heavy wire brushes on a 4" side grinder. On the last small piece the grinder grabbed and got my left hand and ate me up. I just got healed up enough to get back on it yesterday. So I got everything painted with the paint I got mixed at Lowe's to match the Ford corporate blue. My son helped me set a couple of the pieces together and hope to finish up assembly today. Will probably get the A code 4 speed 1965 vert mounted on it first and do some floor and frame repairs. It is not too bad I bought in the 70's and put it up to keep.

Pics maybe later today.

Ok between doing remodel on house and working on cars and everything I got behind on finishing the Rotisserie. It is done and in the work room. That thing is a beast and is really built strong and has adjustment to allow any vehicle to be mounted. I will only be doing 1965 Mustangs and 1972 and 73 Mustangs so won't be lots of adjustment needed. It is made to hook up in front on the frame rails where the bumper mounts and in the rear where the springs mount. The end next to the consoles swivels so you can steer it and the really large inflated tires make it easy to move around. There is a tongue on the swivel end also. I got it when shop closed for $800 and will sure beat rolling around on the floor. I saw it with a Camaro on it and you could rotate with one finger. Has four stabilizers, jack stands, on corners also that makes it steady when working.

When I get a car where it is right I will drill reference holes so I can go right back to same place easy.

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

image hostings

After working in the work room I am going to order 4 more of the LED lights like I have that are vapor proof made for paint room. I will add one on each side in the middle and one on each end. When I wired it I made provisions for them there but was told by the supplier that 4 was enough but not if you are painting.

BTW the paint I used is something pretty new at our local Lowe's.  They actually laser scanned the valve cover in the picture and mixed the paint to match Ford corporate blue. The air cleaner lid is an original Ford which has probably faded a bit. I think it is a pretty good match. Using it on all my equipment in the shop. It is also a rust inhibitor from Valspar called Armor. It is much less cost than others like Rustoleum and can be mixed any color and Rustoleum cannot be mixed. I put on with brush and roller and it looks pretty good and dries hard in a couple weeks.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Pics maybe later today.

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

image hostings

Wow. That is quite the rotisserie. Nice find on the paint. I might have to look into that.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg