Sound off if you have a convertible

Don65Stang

Help the man out. I would love to see some sequential tail lights as I am considering some for mine. :)

:rolleyes: My LED sequential tail lights boards that fit inside of stock tail light lenses for 71-73 mustangs is from "Mustangs Plus" I believe is in Stockton, CA. Do not have the toll free number on hand and do can not find the catalogue which they will supply for free. Now for the BMW look with a multi-color ring inside of the halogen healights comes from Mustangs Unlimited in Conneticut at phone 860 647 1965. For $289.95. the tail light boards is about $299.00. Should be able to track down phone on Mstngs Plus @ Stockton or maybe through toll free directory service.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

• 3 months later...

1972 Mustang, 302 2V converted to 4V. Added hotter cam, higher flow intake, headers, replaced every hose and gasket. Hope to have her drivable by Summer. I said "drivable". It has not been running for 7 years. She still needs a lot of work, but to just drive it down the road will be an amazing accomplishment. It has been in the family for 30 years, I used to beg my sister to borrow her car for dates in the 80's. It was totally restored then. I rescued it from my sister in Dallas. She left it out in the rain with the top down for 3 years, sick!!!!

2094344781_Mustangfromback.thumb.jpg.163df7906aace6a45761b3adda286dec.jpg

Engine when I got it!

468614230_EnginewhenIgotit.thumb.JPG.b39bcb2d0696a6810d02423b72c57f67.JPG

Brian Kulis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Bumping this up for the New Members.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Mine is a '72 vert with a 302 and c-4. The body and paint is good but it had crap interior and electrical issues, etc. plus it just didn't run well at all. A year later all interior has been replaced. Electrical issues fixed and I personally rebuilt the engine. Stock bottom end but now has cast iron GT40 heads, 1.7 ratio cobra roller rockers, Edelbrock performer intake and 600 cfm carb, pertronix ignition, long tube hedman headers, etc. and now this lil' 302 will scoot!

Digger

1973 metallic brown 351C 2V with FMX auto; ginger interior; factory a/c. Have owned it 2 years this month (March 2014); is a great cruise night car. For this simmer I am replacing the interior with seats that have the vinyl mesh (bought used off this forum); replacing the bumper with the deluxe bumper (bought one off ebay and had it straightened and re-chromed; also bought bumper guards off ebay and had them re-chromed them). Unfortunate this winter has just been too cold to do this in an unheated garage this winter.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello 71 convertible .521 big block 3speed tci sf 9 inch rear.work in progress.

Still learning how and what needs to be done.

2n7fac6.jpg

mmg3sg.jpg

r1n1cn.jpg

Well they do look good in black don't they!

With that big block make sure you put the shock tower braces on.

If you don't have subframe connectors you should look into getting some too.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Great looking car.

As Will E said with that size engine you should have at least the OEM shock tower braces.

the car will handle much better.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Never be a member of a club that would have you as a member... ;>)

'73, 302, 351W ported & polished heads, roller rockers, headers, custom duals, Holley 600cfm. Have owned since... ahem... 1984.Ex-daily driver, now weekend fun. It's foliage season in New England!

Bill Schneider

301195_4198540974829_645878107_n.jpg.aadbecc1713b6c58d8200f6df8cb3b6a.jpg

10513267_10202316652617078_8113892516195440517_n.jpg.50e16e8ace3e41fab451ec1f06d56053.jpg

IMG_2121.thumb.jpg.7cdc6c862bd2aecdd03671af895fb836.jpg

IMG_2122.thumb.jpg.35e6c2af01fb275d66050844005a19ed.jpg

Hello 71 convertible .521 big block 3speed tci sf 9 inch rear.work in progress.

Still learning how and what needs to be done.

2n7fac6.jpg

mmg3sg.jpg

r1n1cn.jpg

Got the subframe connectors in the garage .will be looking into shock tower braces thanks for the info.

Good deal. Braces should be easy to find. Post up a 'wanted' and someone on here will probably offer up a factory set cheap. There are also aftermarket sets available. Do some searching on the site and you will find lots of info.

Sub-frame connectors are the bomb. Get them installed asap. :)

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

• 2 months later...

71 Red M code Rally Pack gauges NASA hood.

Owned for 15 years

Very slow restoration

Welcome aboard. When you get a chance, post a short intro in the Introductions thread so we can give you a proper welcome! :)

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

• 4 weeks later...

New at this so probably doing it wrong, lol.

I just purchased a 1973 convertible H code with c-4, yellow with white top and white and black interior, air, ps, pb, has headers and aluminum wheels not ford. I am waiting on delivery to N.C. it is California car and never been painted or restored.

The other car is 72 Q code with c-6, factory ram air car, tilt column, ginger sebring knit interior and I think it had black top originally. It is gold metallic has chrome bumpers with guards and magnum 500 wheels. This car was taken completely apart and dip stripped and all metal repaired. I was epoxy primer and sprayed inside the boxes and places that paint would not reach. It has been started in assembly with all new parts and is back to rolling chassis. Engine is built with forged pistons, big cam, roller rockers and triple springs with racing valves.

After getting the Marti on this car not going to sell one of 320 CJ made with C-6.

Since posting this I have also purchased a 72 vert parts car that was loaded with options even P.W.. Also purchased another 73 off eBay that is Factory Special Order with Black exterior. Marti says one of 144 special order mustangs in 73. Had Argent front bumper according to the build sheet and looks like Argent side stripe and hood insert.

With the help of forum members I purchased another 72 vert parts car that was a one owner that was in perfect shape until hit in the rear and crashed in the front. The interior and top is exactly the same as what I needed for the 72 Q vert and it they had just installed ceramic coated headers and stainless dual exhaust so that will also go to the Q vert.

I hope this is all the verts I will own too many now, lol.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 1 month later...

Look what I towed home today!

IMG_20150306_172938.thumb.jpg.8c11cb2766bda2be50416e23aeb01f33.jpg

I'm thinking about going blue glow, black top, white interior with a 351c 4v and either a 4r70w or a 5-spd manual trans. Then lowered with 17 or 18 inch wheels.

spacer.png