C6 trans on 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coupelx

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
What crossmenber do you use on this trans with a 351c..only ones is see are for big block applications. I’m using a modified c4 crossmnember but I’m having vibration issues because of driveshaft angle

There is a C6 small block version for the 71 - 3's

I have one in a parts car - Might have one out already too if you want to purchase the correct one

I have one in a parts car - Might have one out already too if you want to purchase the correct one
Sure what are you asking for it I’m in California I think I bought the fold down panels from you a while back

Sure what are you asking for it I’m in California I think I bought the fold down panels from you a while back
PM me your postal code and I will get a shipping cost , pics and info for you

PM me your postal code and I will get a shipping cost , pics and info for you
if I remember right, the fmx trans crossmember is the same as the c-6 in these cars

THREAD DERAILMENT NOTICE:

Can somebody confirm what the interchange is for crossmembers? I know that there is more than one, but I forget which applications share and what the unique trans is. C6, FMX, C4 manual 3-speed and manual 4-speed.

Thanks!

Technically, there are two types, the 3 leg for C-6 (and FMX) and the four leg for 3 spd, 4 spd, C-4 and FMX.

D1ZZ-6A023-A -is the 3 legged unit used on 71-73 C-6, 72-73 FMX.

D1ZZ-6A023-B is the 4 legged unit, used on 3spd, 4spd, C-4 and 71 FMX.

As an aside, the 71-72 250-6 used the C9ZZ-B 4 leg unit for 3spd/C-4 apps, but will (IIRC) interchange without issue. The number changed to a D3ZZ-A, which I believe the only difference was a reinforcement plate on the underside, to comply with new Federal safety regs.

Back