jedoens

Hello from Germany

Hi,

my name is Thomas and I live in Overath, a very small village close to Cologne, the European Headquarter of Ford. I worked for Ford nearly 30 years when I left the Company in 2018. I took a package and that was the right decision, even in the current Situation. I'm 57 years old, married, 2 Boys and a proud grandfather.

In 2017 I bought a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang here in Germany, which was in a not so bad constitution. (I tought).

I was looking for this type of Mustang, which is not very popular here in Europe, for a couple of years.

Before I got this really existing car, I found exactly that type of Vehicle on the MOBILE platform, located in Mexico. When I saw the car and the Price ($ 8.500), my brain immediatly stopped working. I called the guy, he said he also came from Germany and then the desaster starts. To make a Long and sad Story short. I spend Money for Nothing. Not so much, but enough to be really…..

Back in reality. I stripped the bought and real one in a barn and started to restore the car. Enthusiastic I pulled the egine and Transmission overhaulled both and put the package back last Thursday. In the meantime I realized the the cowl on the Right side is gone. Puuh. But I do not give up.

Yes, it took me neary 3 years before I get a kick the be back in the race. The only positive Thing with corona.

Now I scanned thru the net and looked for some help in YouTube and other Forums, but most of the Mustang Forums are dealing with the older models. Therefore I'm really happy to find this page.

Looking forward to use your experience and sometimes raise some technical Questions.

I'm happy to be here

Thomas

Hi,

my name is Thomas and I live in Overath, a very small village close to Cologne, the European Headquarter of Ford. I worked for Ford nearly 30 years when I left the Company in 2018. I took a package and that was the right decision, even in the current Situation. I'm 57 years old, married, 2 Boys and a proud grandfather.

In 2017 I bought a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang here in Germany, which was in a not so bad constitution. (I tought).

I was looking for this type of Mustang, which is not very popular here in Europe, for a couple of years.

Before I got this really existing car, I found exactly that type of Vehicle on the MOBILE platform, located in Mexico. When I saw the car and the Price ($ 8.500), my brain immediatly stopped working. I called the guy, he said he also came from Germany and then the desaster starts. To make a Long and sad Story short. I spend Money for Nothing. Not so much, but enough to be really…..

Back in reality. I stripped the bought and real one in a barn and started to restore the car. Enthusiastic I pulled the egine and Transmission overhaulled both and put the package back last Thursday. In the meantime I realized the the cowl on the Right side is gone. Puuh. But I do not give up.

Yes, it took me neary 3 years before I get a kick the be back in the race. The only positive Thing with corona.

Now I scanned thru the net and looked for some help in YouTube and other Forums, but most of the Mustang Forums are dealing with the older models. Therefore I'm really happy to find this page.

Looking forward to use your experience and sometimes raise some technical Questions.

I'm happy to be here

Thomas

Hi Thomas

welcome from the South West of Germany. :whistling:

Cheers Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Welcome from Houston, Texas!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from North Caroling, USA to the forum. I have a 73 T-5 Mach 1 sitting in the back yard. 

Great place to get answers to all of your questions.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Central New York.

Mike

Welcome from Ohio. This is the place you want to be when it comes for your car. Tons of good info and a great bunch of guys and 1 gal that I know of. :D

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Hello and welcome from South West Ontario, Canada.

You're in the right place for sure. 

Geoff. 

PS, I'm sure Frank (vicus) will be a great help. There are several very knowledgeable guys in Europe.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from Oklahoma! Ask all the questions you want to ask. Chuck

Welcome from Northeast PA.

Welcome from Oregon. Lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks on this forum.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from northern California.

mike

spacer.png

Welcome from San Diego California.

- Mike

Hello and Welcome from Michigan.

John - 72 Q Code

Herzlich wilkommen aus die Niederlande! This site has TONS of information on the 71-73 Mustangs, there are several stories about people dealing with their cowls. Sorry to read you got ripped off but at least you're on the right track now! :-)

Cheers,

Vincent.

Welcome from Omaha!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

Welcome from Australia

P1030238.jpg

Jedoens,

Welcome from Cooks, Mi. USA

All of your questions WILL get answered here.

Hi Thomas and welcome from Germany/Hanau/Hessen

Juergen

Welcome from west Michigan!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]