We have always struggled with getting a good wifi signal through the entire house.  We do have a Netgear range extender, but it is now 9 years old and well, it sucks.  I am not a great IT person, that is for sure.  Can anyone recommend a quality WiFi Range extender? 

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

If your router is as old as your extender I would start with a new router. The new Netgear router I have with three antennas has very good coverage, including the garage, workshop, and driveway. It is classed as a mid-range router, so there are others that have even more coverage.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

You need a mesh system. I use eero. It kicks butt. We have the 3 beacon one, and I added 2 additional beacons. Expensive, but killer coverage anywhere including the garage, front yard, back yard, etc. 

Chris - Born in '73 - Drive a '73

Former Mechanic U.S. Army

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One

BIG RED MACH 1

Learning a lesson (or three) on the Cleveland every day.

Thanks guys—our cable modem/router is about a year old, so we are good there.  Several Facebook friends also recommended a mesh system and specifically Eero.  I have ordered the 3 beacon one, pricey, but everybody with one raves about it.  It’s either great or you just want me to be as miserable with my internet as you are—LOL.  

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Mesh is the way to go. I have a Ubiquiti Amplifi and it even with only one extra base it covers every where I go without any problems. 

19 hours ago, 69 Rustang said:

Thanks guys—our cable modem/router is about a year old, so we are good there.  Several Facebook friends also recommended a mesh system and specifically Eero.  I have ordered the 3 beacon one, pricey, but everybody with one raves about it.  It’s either great or you just want me to be as miserable with my internet as you are—LOL.  

Thanks for the suggestions!

You will not be disappointed. 

BIG RED MACH 1

Mesh is up and running, it gets a huge thumbs up from my teenagers.  Hopefully I don’t have to hear them bit_ _ about the wifi anymore.  Thanks for the replies everyone.  And by the way, setting up Eeros couldn’t be easier, well, other than paying for it up front...

spacer.png

My teenagers love that internet quality, but they hate the control I have over it now. I love it, I can block one kid without bothering the other, or block certain devices, set bed times, etc. Can even shut them down when I'm business travelling if need be. Fantastic product!

BIG RED MACH 1

LOL, I was setting up profiles and assigning devices and paused my son’s PC, kind of by accident.  It was seconds and he was out of his room asking what was going on.  Now I know how to ge this attention.  And the internet goes off when I want it to!  Adult sites blocked starting about 30 minutes ago, not sure if that will have any impact or not.  Love this!!!

spacer.png