Hello from New Mexico

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
I just found this site while troubleshooting an issue.  I wish I would have found it a lot sooner.  Just reading through a few forums and seems to be a lot of good info.

I have a '71 Fastback with a 250 and 3 speed on the floor.  I had the engine and tranny rebuilt about 12 years back and still have less than 5k miles on them.  The car sat for 9 of the last 10 years unfortunately, but now able to work on the car again. I'm glad that there is a site devoted to the Big Bodies.  Thank you for all of your posts, I have many hours of reading and help now.

I'm trying to find where to get a lot of the little parts, since it's hard to find parts cars now a days.

Enjoy your day.

Sideview.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Houston, TX!  Try CJ Pony Parts, Summit Racing and National Parts Depot to start.
Those are the places I've been looking.  Too bad Mustangs Unlimited went out of business.  They used to have a good stock.

Welcome from Oregon. How about a couple of photos of your car?
Right now my car is a little in pieces.  Pulled it in the garage this morning, then shut it off to water the garden.  I went back 30 minutes later to turn it around so I could work on switching fenders and putting in new fender bolts and shims, and the car wouldn't start, or even have power at all.  The interior is removed still from last weekend's fun of weatherstripping checking the under the carpet pad.  I'll get some uploaded as soon as I can get it put back together a little more.

Welcome from Ohio.  Sounds like a good project you have.  You might want to also check out  Ohio Mustang Supplies for parts and Midlife Harness Restoration for your wiring needs.   They both our sponsors on this site.

I just found this site while troubleshooting an issue.  I wish I would have found it a lot sooner.  Just reading through a few forums and seems to be a lot of good info.

I have a '71 Fastback with a 250 and 3 speed on the floor.

View attachment 43312
Sure enough that's a 250!   Those are tough engines.  You can do a lot with those.  I had one in my 1970 Mustang.  Are you going to keep it?

Welcome to the site.

Tim

Back