What is the meaning for that floor drain hole cover. Should it be glued water tight or left with out glue?  Is it an accessory that needs to be removed if water needs drained from the floor?  Or should it work like automatic and leak water out from the car?

You mean this hole plug?   I have no idea why they are there either!   they screw down from the inside and mine had a mastic sealer around them.  if the car were to fill up with water, you would have to remove the carpet to gain access to the drain plugs, so they make no sense to me?  

IMG_20200117_172011.jpg

• Like 1

I believe the cars were dipped in zinc phosphate and they were there to drain it out of the floors.

• Like 1

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Well I guess Ford skimped on it judging by the amount of rottern Mustangs out there! LOL 

Yes I mean those  92GTS-R

Maybe it really is part of assembly line purposes only??? So I will close it with water proof material....

• Like 1

They are there for two reasons. To prevent the body from floating when going through was and also to drain the liquids coming out of wash and phosphate. They do need to be sealed. Hey guys this was a 5 year car not 50 years, lol.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David