What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

After a front end alignment took her out for a spin, no hood or front fenders and just with headers. Got a lot of looks and thumbs up, people taking their sunglasses of and stare  lollerz Have to go back to the alignment shop today, they need to do it right!

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!

After a front end alignment took her out for a spin, no hood or front fenders and just with headers. Got a lot of looks and thumbs up, people taking their sunglasses of and stare  lollerz Have to go back to the alignment shop today, they need to do it right!

:gotpics:

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

They usually want everything on the car and 1/2 tank of gas to do an accurate alignment. You should drive some to settle in the suspension if you had it apart. They actually have bumps in factory or a shaker to settle the suspension in before alignment.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

They usually want everything on the car and 1/2 tank of gas to do an accurate alignment. You should drive some to settle in the suspension if you had it apart. They actually have bumps in factory or a shaker to settle the suspension in before alignment.

+1 my shop did the initial alignment and had me put about 100 or so miles on it then bring it back. I put about 200 on it and took it back and they made a few adjustments. They also wanted my estimated weight to put in drivers seat.  Keep in mind I did not have it aligned to factory spec as I wanted a little different for handling.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Went out to a third Cars & Coffee event starting up in San Angelo yesterday!  Apparently, people weren't happy with the change in venue for C&C and decided to strike out on their own with another event - which makes 3 C&C-like events in San Angelo now.  Wow!  I heard some griping by the high-exotic/Corvette crowd that took over the original C&C and moved it away from Golden Corral to a local bar parking lot - which was to be expected, I suppose.  Hey - not everybody wants to go to lunchtime drinking events in their expensive hot rods, I guess.

IMG_0453.jpg

Here's the link to my pal Stephen Horton's Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenhorton/albums/72157710219412121?fbclid=IwAR3fplTjClmyoxvf0hYlteXj-epJA8UDiWpllSpkC_5PwOU8u2QrzIwDuUM

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Today,  one of those really cool jobs.  Original ram air hardware on the grabber blue hood....

Kcmash20190811-201315.jpg

I also want to add the functional ram air setup. it looks straight forward except for connecting vacuum lines or throttle-body connections to control the ram air ports...

I also want to add the functional ram air setup.  it looks straight forward except for connecting vacuum lines or throttle-body connections to control the ram air ports...

That is straight forward too.  They vacuum ties to the vacuum tree behind the carb.  Vacuum line runs to tube retainers around the plenum, a T- at the RH valve then a connection at the LH valve.

kcmash

There is a guy with ram air, air cleaner and other parts on Florida space coast craigslist. I've seen it and other stuff he has all nice.

Started the day intending to play with different options for firming up the foam / spring supports of the driver seat.  We put new ACC foam in it when we had the seat covers replaced, but its always been too soft for me. After unwrapping and removing the foam, I found that the seat pan is in really bad shape.  Multiple cracks, and evidence of previous repairs. I understand this is a problem area for this seat, but wow, this is close to folding over.  

We all know the drill, one project begets another...looks like me and Mr.Miller 140 will be gettin' busy in prep for blast and paint.  :P

Seat-Pan-1.jpg

Seat-Pan-2.jpg

Seat-Pan-3.jpg

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible--19017]Visit My Garage[/button]

Today,

Front fenders.  Had a time figuring out the fasteners. Pretty darn good alignment of panels though. Note the hood is not closed all the way.  I am still refinishing the primary latch bar.

They had been hanging from the ceiling for too many years. 

20190824-152404.jpg

20190824-152352.jpg

20190824-074035.jpg

Today- I took a picture of the car.  Just because it is starting to look like a car again.

A5732302-7-A7-B-4416-8919-2-F710-CF05-CFD.jpg

Nice looking Panhard Bar. What type of suspension are you going with?

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Today- I took a picture of the car.  Just because it is starting to look like a car again.

A5732302-7-A7-B-4416-8919-2-F710-CF05-CFD.jpg

Nice looking Panhard Bar. What type of suspension are you going with?

Suspension is kind of a Heinz 57 mix - but most of it is from Mike Maier Inc.  The Panhard setup and the rear springs are from him, and it is really nice.  The bracket is well designed and the rod itself is aluminum tube.  Up front the Upper Control arms are from Maier Racing (Before Mike and his brother parted ways) with JRI coil over shocks, Lower control arms are Hotchkis,  strut rods are from Total Control.  Swaybar is "I forgot" and just horsing around with absolutely no weight in the car it seems like it will be fun and predictable.

Today I finished upholstering the back seat and putting together the new door panels.  Now I'm waiting to get the car back from the paint shop to start putting it back together.

20190823-123638.jpg

20190824-105826.jpg

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Adjusted the hood latches.  Click CLICK and she closes.  Adjusted bumper heights, installed and adjusted twist locks.

Struggled with marker light fasteners, took a snooze on the front porch....

kcmash

Still very impressed with my alignment of the front end sheet metal!

20190825-223137.jpg

20190825-223123.jpg

20190825-223034.jpg

Adjusted the hood latches.  Click CLICK and she closes.  Adjusted bumper heights, installed and adjusted twist locks.

kcmash

20190825-223137.jpg

20190825-223123.jpg

20190825-223034.jpg

Looks great and I see you got the correct pattern on your hood! I just went thru the same thing with the hood locks and alignment of the fenders and hood. Lots of fidgeting for sure, but rewarding when all lined up.

John - 72 Q Code

kcmash

20190825-223137.jpg

20190825-223123.jpg

20190825-223034.jpg

That does look fantastic better than original. The layout of the hood paint does look lots closer than most just a little shiny. You just cannot get the original look with the paint available today. Here is a pic of my original hood to compare to. Did you purchase a template or just lay it out?DSC-0967.jpg

100-2218.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David