1972 Q Code Convertible Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 72 Mach 1 parts car came with 351 2v Ram Air and no hood locks.
Man , thats a new one! I have never seen one of those! The picture also shows a blacked out hood. The twist locks were part of the two tone hood treatment..

Chuck,I have a freind who had a 72 "Q" code Mch 1 (pewter / black) beautiful car,that was a factory ram air.I know where the car was bought new,saw it the first day he got it,had the factory ram air.I wish I could get a hold of the build sheet,but that car went away when he got married.The car was bought about a year before mine,so I am sure it was an early 72,as it did not have the seat belt light and also had the power steering hose up over the shock tower brace.

No chrome shock tower braces ever,and Ford quit the chrome air cleaner tops about mid year of 73 on the "Q" codes.

My 72 Mach 1 parts car came with 351 2v Ram Air and no hood locks.
Man , thats a new one! I have never seen one of those! The picture also shows a blacked out hood. The twist locks were part of the two tone hood treatment..

Chuck,I have a freind who had a 72 "Q" code Mch 1 (pewter / black) beautiful car,that was a factory ram air.I know where the car was bought new,saw it the first day he got it,had the factory ram air.I wish I could get a hold of the build sheet,but that car went away when he got married.The car was bought about a year before mine,so I am sure it was an early 72,as it did not have the seat belt light and also had the power steering hose up over the shock tower brace.

No chrome shock tower braces ever,and Ford quit the chrome air cleaner tops about mid year of 73 on the "Q" codes.
The "rumor" is that a few very early 72s made it out the door. As far as I know this is unconfirmed. The build sheet "rosetta stone" is still out there somewhere, maybe. Chuck

Back