1972 sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thanks for the information I thought that was the correct sticker. Shows how much I know LOL I did get the Plenum with it although one of the previous owners had painted it! :( So I am in the middle of stripping the paint off it right now
That is the sticker for late 72 and all 73 4-V. People will put a 1970 decal on that says Ram Air and the radius is not right for the larger lid on 71-73. Ford saved a few pennies by not putting a decal on the lid just identifying it had ram air on the outside of the hood.

Now the proper colour for that air cleaner should be corporate blue correct?

OK so I got around to refinishing the air cleaner. Here is it after an exptensive sandblasting

And I finished off the night by painting it with two-part Apoxy

The car is back together and in one piece. I just have a ton of finishing touches to do. I threw the old straight hood on it for now until I can get the ram air hood completely done. My plan is to match the paint for this year and next year when I have some time or maybe even this winter to do a full repaint of the car. I have yet to instal The rear valance so that when I get the stainless duals made for it in a couple weeks I will have the mach one valance on the back for the pipe to exit

Thanks. She is going for custom dual 2.5 stainless exhaust tomorrow. The guy I have doing it has done my 63 thunderbird and my wife's 66 mustang; I trust he will do a good job on the sprint

I also picked up a vinyl front bumper for it; needs some repair but when I get around to it it should look better

Thanks for the compliments guys.

So I had it appraised for the insurance last week and I am a bit supprized how low the appraisal is. Now I know it is not perfect but it is in very good condition. The appraisal was for 15k Canadian. So that's like 10.5k usd. R these things really that low? Should I look for another oppinion? I am used to working on 66 mustangs and my rust bucket 66 coupe appraised out at more than the sprint. Crazy

So just got the sprint back from the exhaust shop. 2.5 Ss front to back. Took her for a hour drive out to the cottage today. Ran great. I did blow out a top shock bushing. I did not think they would last too long they were pretty weather cracked when I reassembled the shocks. Oh well; small things like that are no problem for its post-makeover maiden voyage.

So time for a update in the car. I have been using it as my daily driver for the last month while the weather is good. I am in the midst of installing a killer sound system in it; this is a challenge because I do not want to cut or drill any holes in the car. So I think I found a solution. I am going to put all my sound system in the rear package tray area of the car. This of course will make for a extremely mono sound but at least it will be loud! Lol. I figured at least this way there will be no mess of amplifiers and wires in the back trunk. I will have two compact 10 inch pioneer subs in the trunk and that's it. I took a piece of half-inch plywood and wrapped it with carbon fiber and set for Rockford fosgate component speaker sets in it and mounted both my Alpine amp's once I get the board wired up I will be ready to drop it in

Here is a neat picture I took at work a couple days ago my wife's new 2016 A 1970 and the 72 sprint all lined up

So time for a update in the car. I have been using it as my daily driver for the last month while the weather is good. I am in the midst of installing a killer sound system in it; this is a challenge because I do not want to cut or drill any holes in the car.  So I think I found a solution. I am going to put all my sound system in the rear package tray area of the car. This of course will make for a extremely mono sound but at least it will be loud! Lol. I figured at least this way there will be no mess of amplifiers and wires in the back trunk. I will have two compact 10 inch pioneer subs in the trunk and that's it.   I took a piece of half-inch plywood and wrapped it with carbon fiber and set for Rockford fosgate component speaker sets in it  and mounted both my Alpine amp's  once I get the board wired up I will be ready to drop it in

That looks awesome!  To distribute the sound, though, you can get a new package tray insert for less than $40 and toss in the rears (or barring that, use a half-sheet of masonite with some auto parts store carpet like I did).  As well, grab a set of Q-Logic kick panels and pop in a set of 'front speakers' there.  You can always put the stock pieces back in if you want to return it to normal. ;) ::thumb::

I have little 4.5 speakers in the kick panels but 4 1/2 don't do much. I was really hoping I could get 6 1/2's up there but there is just no room and less I remove the parking brake. I would have loved to have put the 6 1/2 components in the rear seat side panels but I didn't want to cut them as they are white; and I don't think you can get white side panels. Maybe I could've got a set of black reproductions painted them white and put the speakers in? But hopefully this will work well

I have a quick question for you guys about sail panels and headliners. The material mine are made out of our like a fabric with holes punched in it. Like a very fine jersey material. Maybe they're made of vinyl but they are perforated. I was looking at getting some new ones from CJ pony and it looks like they are just white vinyl from the pictures with no perforations; is this correct? Has anyone purchased these to know if they have holes or not. The picture on the Internet is very poor

Here is a neat picture I took at work a couple days ago my wife's new 2016 A 1970 and the 72 sprint all lined up

Amazing,,,,,,,they always call these years "the big Mustang", but just look at how low the roofline is, and what a tank the new Mustang is, in comparison.

Back