302w belt routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback
Guys, what is your opinion will this setup work or will the belt slip? Alternator bracket is missing, i know. :p

I can fix it so that there is own belt for alternator and another for wp and psp. What do you think?

DSC_2122.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe you have enough belt wrap on the crank pulley to keep it from slipping. The water pump pulley is marginal, but the slipping on the crank pulley won't be turning it very fast, anyway.

it will definitely slip at some point . i would do it correctly . i see no point in taking a big risk like that, especially on what looks like a new engine.

it will definitely slip at some point . i would do it correctly . i see no point in taking a big risk like that, especially on what looks like a new engine.
Thats the way belt was when I bought the car, but it was no runner. Engine is mystery to me, I just make it look pretty.

I think two belts is the right solution...

Thats the way belt was when I bought the car, but it was no runner. Engine is mystery to me, I just make it look pretty.

This is how the belt should be routed.

10199664_201012782940.jpg

This is how the belt should be routed.

10199664_201012782940.jpg
ahhahaa, that is so true...lollerz

oops, here ya go.

70GrabberBelts.gif

Back