351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been wanting to post this update for awhile but I missed placed my camera. 

Maid up a quick stand for the dash scuffed and painted. Installed new trim knobs and bezels. VDO gauges to the center section. Retro sound radio. Then finally installed the dash. Finally!! This was along time coming for this project. It was only going to be a quick floor pan heater core front suspension and a quick paint job.  :cool:     

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

Looking good Mike! Looks like you went with the Vdo gauges too. Did you get the senders with them? I messed up and just bought the gauges, now I’ve been trying to find the right senders to go with them. Ryan

Mike, did you just Dremel out the holes for the VDO gauges to slide in from the front? I have the same exact gauges but have been slowly working on installing them form the back. I originally tried to modify an original cluster holder, but it shattered into 1000 pieces after applying too much pressure.

My wife sent me a text today that I should come strait home from work today! 

How freaking cool my TREMEC TKX  package showed up a week early.

It's been awhile since I touched the Mach 1 but now that desert off road session is over it's time to get busy. 

IMG_2767.JPG

It's been awhile since I touched the Mach 1 but now that desert off road session is over it's time to get busy. 

View attachment 52575
Mike, 

and you first was surely feared there would be something different going on as your wife texted that...  :biggrin:

Glad, Santa Summer Claus went by and loosened some packages... It's always great! 

I am looking forward to your progress, have fun and success! 

View attachment 52575
Awesome. Looking forward to hear about the install. I wish these were around when i got my TKO. I missed it by a year. Should allow to mount it higher in the tunnel.

Awesome. Looking forward to hear about the install. I wish these were around when i got my TKO. I missed it by a year. Should allow to mount it higher in the tunnel.
Thanks Tony,  I was going to buy a TKO last summer but the wife had me hold off because we where buying a new 5th wheel toy hauler so it just worked out . I didn't know about the TKX until about a month ago  when I called MDL.  I did get the clutch cable on your lead. Just not feeling the hydraulic thing.

Mike, 

and you first was surely feared there would be something different going on as your wife texted that...  :biggrin:

Glad, Santa Summer Claus went by and loosened some packages... It's always great! 

I am looking forward to your progress, have fun and success! 
Thanks, it was like Christmas! The weather is no different. :biggrin:  

Back