351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my door panels installed. I ended up with these panels a while back after doing some parts trading. I had concerns about the fit because of the 7/89 build date. There not to bad.

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Looks like brand spankin New :)  When you installed the top felt to the door panel. Did you have to drill the holes for the trim staples?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Looks like brand spankin New :)  When you installed the top felt to the door panel. Did you have to drill the holes for the trim staples?
Yes I did. There is dimples in the trim to guide you.
Ahhh.......dimples. Dont have panels yet, hopefully soon.

Thx

Hi Mike,

Yes I did. There is dimples in the trim to guide you.
Ahhh.......dimples. Dont have panels yet, hopefully soon.

Thx
Your welcome.

Up Date,  Installed new classic auto air unit. Did the required bench test or should I say table test. Blocked off the cowl vent after all that hard to repair it.

Restored center console. Maid my own clock block off plate .  Cut a piece out of a broken console so it would the correct texture. The 351 badge from 69 hood scope was the only thing I could find to fit. May put exhaust cut out switch there later. Very happy with the console.

Last picture is a little hint.   

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

Yes it is Jim, It's a 72 CJ block.  

The wife and I tore down my original 2v engine and sent  both blocks off to the engine builder. I'm having the CJ block checked first and hopefully it checks out. If not  hopefully the original block does.  We did find pieces of timing gear in the pick up screen and a bent rod on #8. The piston was hitting the crank.  Kinda surprised to find this the car ran good no noise or vibration. Funny I was consenting detailing it up and running it while I waited to do the CJ. 

Now the bad news. The engine builder is 4 months out do to the china virus. He tells me that he's having a tough time getting parts and has had a lot of customers drop off motors do to the quarantine. Apparently people are home paying attention to there projects. So let the waiting game began.         

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

Humm a bent rod. Did it have water in a cylinder at one time? Is that a crack going through wrist pin in the pic of the rod? For sure timing gear was getting there. The valve stem guides show up there also. The 302 & 289, or ones I have torn down, have a bar under the screen and if the screen gets clogged the screen sucks up and opens a hole under the bar. Then the crap gets to the pump and can lock up the pump and break the drive shaft or lock the by pass valve closed and explode the oil filter. 351 did not have that hole. Can't believe shop is that far behind. I need to go check with my guy and maybe get in line. I will need my machine work done in early spring. 

Back