351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks nice again, Mike  :thumb:  Never touch a still good running system so why tear it apart... I learned from the "while I am at it I could also..."  :biggrin:

Any plans on the wheel? 
Tim I have a new aftermarket  wheel.  My plan for the weekend is the install of the column. With any luck the wheel be joining the column as well. 

Tim I have a new aftermarket  wheel.  My plan for the weekend is the install of the column. With any luck the wheel be joining the column as well. 
Sounds good - I hope all goes well and wish you good success on the install  :thumb:

Looks good Mike! What kind of wheel are you going with? Ryan

Progress from the weekend.  I received my clock to tech conversion from Bob RCC innovations. What a cool piece. Pulled out my spare clusters and got busy cleaning. Painted the needle on the speedo and reassembled with a new lens from Don Ohio mustang.  

On to steering column and MDL clutch cable. Then cluster and steering wheel.

Holding off on installing the horn button till after I get the car aligned. I'm sure wheel need to be lined up.  

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

This is one hell of a restoration. Great job. If you ever change your mind on the hydraulic clutch, Malwood makes a great kit. Thats what I have on mine and it feels like my wife's jetta. 
I battled with this hydraulic/cable decision for awhile.  I just know I would be the guy have problems with hydraulic.

Just got done with battle in my head over cam choice. Now it's electric or clutch fan. LOL 

Progress from the weekend.  I received my clock to tech conversion from Bob RCC innovations. What a cool piece. Pulled out my spare clusters and got busy cleaning. Painted the needle on the speedo and reassembled with a new lens from Don Ohio mustang.  

On to steering column and MDL clutch cable. Then cluster and steering wheel.

Holding off on installing the horn button till after I get the car aligned. I'm sure wheel need to be lined up.  

View attachment 52878

View attachment 52879

View attachment 52880

View attachment 52881
Great steering wheel choice. Same as mine. I also have the MDL cable kit.

Engine up date.

Let me first say this has been a total exercise in patience. It's been a year since I dropped off my original 2 bolt and 72 4 bolt main blocks to who I will call engine builder #1.  Well builder 1 had my blocks over 8 months and never touched them.  Every time I would stop by I would get " I'm busy and check back with me in a month or so".  The bummer is all the Pantera guys I talked to suggested builder #1 and my brother used him a few years back to build his Boss 302. So needless to say after 8 months I regretfully had to move on.  

On to engine builder #2 JBA speed shop San Diego.   https://jbaspeedshop.com/  Back on a another waiting list. This time about 3 months which they said right up front. 

Finally I mean finally !!! thing are happening. I got the call from JBA a few weeks back that the blocks have been sonic tested and the 4 bolt main block tested thin above #5. Damn it!!  If I was doing a stock build it would be fine.  The good news my original 2 bolt block checked out very well.  Second part of the call was that they need my flywheel to check the balance to the Scat crank and it just so happened my Tremec package showed up the day before. When I dropped the flywheel off and picked up the 4 bolt main block the 2 bolt block was in process of being board to the pistons.

Yesterday I stopped by to see how things are going.  Things are moving along.  Unfortunately there waiting on  Lunati cam .  The rods and pistons are ready to go John wants to install the cam and 1 piston rod to degree the cam.  The heads are in process as well.  The machining on 1 head is done and drilling for the screw in studs on the second head was happening when I walled in.  I'm so stoked to see this play out.

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

I got a call from the engine builder asking for the intake and valve covers. When I delivered the parts I found my engine back in front and center. My builder is thinking he will be finishing it up in a week or so then on to the dyno it goes.  It's finally getting real!  

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

I was talking to my brother on the phone this week telling him that I thought the shifter that came with the Tremec is a little tall.  I received package yesterday with a note " thanks for helping me move to AZ " He sent the original Hurst shifter to his Boss 302 telling me he had bought a N.O.S for the car years ago.      

IMG_2794.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back