351 C Tripower

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another 'pre assembled' pic. So this is while the intake is virgin and the carbs were fresh. No linkage or anything but a nice looking shot...

647_04_07_11_7_47_28.jpeg

And a write up on them:

http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Ford+Tri-Power

I didn't do the write up.
Very cool indeed! I would get a mopar six pack air cleaner and paint it Ford Blue with Ford 351C Six Pack custom made decals ;) Nice find!

Here is another 'pre assembled' pic. So this is while the intake is virgin and the carbs were fresh. No linkage or anything but a nice looking shot...

647_04_07_11_7_47_28.jpeg

And a write up on them:

http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Ford+Tri-Power

I didn't do the write up.
Very cool indeed! I would get a mopar six pack air cleaner and paint it Ford Blue with Ford 351C Six Pack custom made decals ;) Nice find!
That's a funny idea! Instead of orange paint the mother blue!

Unfortunatly the spacing is different so I can't use the Mopar setup. (They are even available as reproduction.)

Will e,

Sure is a cool carb/intake setup!

On the idea of an air cleaner assy - is there enough room to use the FE-Tripower setup? As you mentioned the spacing of the carbs, one might have to custom build the baseplate but this type/style of assy would look really cool.

I 've seen these a few times on ebay. I think it was an option for the 63 Thunderbirds as well as the Galaxies of the same vintage.

6V.jpg

Another idea would be to look at some Panteras - surely someone has a tri-power setup in one of those. Jim Hall Pantera would be my first contact.

Again - sweet 351C 6V setup!!

Ray

That's a funny idea! Instead of orange paint the mother blue!Unfortunatly the spacing is different so I can't use the Mopar setup. (They are even available as reproduction.)
The spacing resembles the Chevy tri-power setups - perhaps a Pontiac/Impala air cleaner would fit?

Not sure even a Mustang could pull off one of those quirky, triangular Corvette intakes painted blue.

This might be the ticket though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/58-59-60-61-62-63-64-348-409-TRI-POWER-CHEVY-IMPALA-SS-AIR-CLEANER-ALUMINUM-TOP-/400644598367?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d48476a5f&vxp=mtr

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty happy with the obrien air cleaners. The mopar/corvette would cover it up too much. I could do the ford oval with a custom base plate but the oval tops are used on dual 4bbl setups and are even available for single 4bbl. Datsun had a smaller one that I could fit with a custom bottom as well. One guy I hooked up with has one with an air cleaner ford had made for it. But the Obrien setup makes it stand out a little.

I have messed around with the tuning of the motor a little and am getting it to run pretty good (adjusting inital, total and the curve of the timing). I have a spring kit for the vacuum advances so I am going to play with those again soon. I might wait until I put a looser converter in before I mess with the springs too much. I had tried before with limited success but then figured out my timing was messed up and without good timing, messing with the carbs tends to be less effective.

Back