72 Mach 1 Project in St. Louis $3,490.00.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts car is what I see.
yeah...kinda shame too because it "looks" like a complete car that would almost qualify for driver restore.
I would like to see some one save it. It would take 2 to make 1.
It all depends on the handyman you find... And of course where you are located...

A Mach 1 like that in Uruguay can easily cost 20K and the buyer would be thrilled to find a complete car with only rust to fix...

yeah...kinda shame too because it "looks" like a complete car that would almost qualify for driver restore.
I would like to see some one save it. It would take 2 to make 1.
It all depends on the handyman you find... And of course where you are located...

A Mach 1 like that in Uruguay can easily cost 20K and the buyer would be thrilled to find a complete car with only rust to fix...
Sad thing is Damian when they get that rusty once you open one thing up to fix it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

When I went looking for my car ....I was determined not to get started on another Northern car, unless you have the skills like Scott and a few of the other guys and a good garage with the tools....it becomes a daunting task.

Just my .02 cents worth.

So what would one in your country pay for say this

2012-01-08_17-38-13_655.jpg

Ken... you may be right on that one... Being this far from you guys affects everything... for example, I will be thrilled in getting a 4K mach 1 over here... BUT i must tell you that in here, people pay lots for things that in my opinion doesn't value that much... In here, almost noone restore a car using repo metal sheets... they just use normal plane metal sheets so if you lift an Uruguayan "restored" car, the floors are 99% of the time, a crime to look at...

In terms of costs.. Roy... your car can easily sell in 50K... EASILY.... but you'll need to pay more than 20K to make it legal if not more... We live in another world TOTALLY...

Any american vert goes up to 20K even if it is a rusted to death frame with a wrong diessel engine on it... IMPOSIBLE TO RESTORE...

In other words... we are a pour country but the few guys that has some money to spend and likes cars, invest on them because for some reason, some cars like Mustangs and Camaros for example, are going up on value...

In fact, there are people in here that are making A LOT of money importing US cars even if they have to pay not less than 15K to ship and make the car legal in here... A 1987, 88 89 Corvette sells here for 40K everyday and i know the same actual car was bought in USA for 3 to 5 K... plus 15 or even 20K of extra cost, you have it in here for 20 to 25... sales in 40.. BINGO...

Mercedes SL500 from 90-92 the same... in here that is an almost 50K car

So this are the rules... I wanted to import myself for my garage a Dodge Challenger to restore in here and i couldn't get enough money yet... But that can be another restoration that is also an investment...

Back