72 trunk floor question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB750.1977

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
I’m starting on my 72 coupe finally. I need to replace the trunk floor. I see Dynacorn has a complete trunk floor assembly for the fastback. I always thought everything was the same except the fastback was set up for the staggered shocks and the coupe wasn’t. Am I correct? I’m not building a show car so can I get by with the Dynacorn?

All fastbacks did not come with staggered shocks, only the competition suspension equipped cars did. My Mach did not have that option so suspension-wise it is set up like your coupe. I bought the main trunk floor panel only not the complete trunk floor assembly. It is cheaper than the complete floor and it is all that my car needed. It is just the actual floor panel sheet metal and is separate from any of the supports for the suspension. If your rust damage is within the area I cut out in the pictures this panel will be all you need so suspension will not be an issue.

Attachments

• Mach 1 194.jpg
    Mach 1 194.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Mach 1 193.jpg
    Mach 1 193.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Mach 1 195.jpg
    Mach 1 195.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back