• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 H code on CL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks worth the money
Well since I was giving it the evil eye some questions you would have to ask yourself is why the rear shackles because it has the proverbial sagging rear springs. Look closely at the top corners of the windshield and what do you see it looks like the roof is buckled and molding is sticking out, the lower driver door gap is indicative of poor workmanship from a rear end collision, if someone is looking at this look very carefully!:huh:

Car needs restored as the ad says..No mention of rusted areas I think $4500.00 is way to much..Guaranteed your looking at alot of rust repair on that one..More like $1000.00 is what I'm thinking & thats if your looking for a full blown resto rust repair car

Car needs restored as the ad says..No mention of rusted areas I think $4500.00 is way to much..Guaranteed your looking at alot of rust repair on that one..More like $1000.00 is what I'm thinking & thats if your looking for a full blown resto rust repair car
Based on what I found in mine after I started tearing it apart, I would definitely hafta agree with Q's assessment.

If he hadn't posted the VIN (if it's even the right VIN, that is), I'd almost suspect this as being a Mach 1 clone (based on the non-original stripes and non-factory hood pins). That car's been wrecked though - the rear end is jacked - bad... the passenger side tail-light totally doesn't line up, and there's not a lot of room for that much misalignment. In addition to the taillight panel being messed up, the valance out of alignment is most likely because someone did a poor job of putting the passenger side quarter on (even the side indicator looks out of whack - don't think it's an optical illusion from the bad stripe application, either - the bumper pocket seems wrong as well). I like to think I've got a decent eye for the rear-end sheet metal now. ;)

No interior pics - which means it's probably pretty rough, as well. No engine pics - not that I would expect anything out of the ordinary, being a non-Ram Air car.

I think it's doable... but not starting at $4500. I paid $1600 for mine, and it wasn't running... so $1000 would be an absolute steal. I'm thinking it might not be a bad deal for $2200-2400 (but only because it runs).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup...Little high priced....if it runs like a champ...maybe 2800....hood pins right away stood out...they in the wrong location too...they need to be over a bit more...lol...So to fix that issue wouldnt be fun at all...Who knows what they did under that hood or inside....I do throw up red flags when some one selling there car wont show you pics of the motor bay...interior...or trunk....As we all know they can be trouble there.

Back