73 Mustang Enthusiast

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q-Code on Rotisserie.jpgHere is a pic of my Q code on the rotisserie.. Media blasted and epoxy primed. I've got hundreds of pictures and an interesting story behind the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 400 in it... Man, this really intrigues me. Ford made some early 400's with "dual" bell housing mount. While the flange would accept either bell housing pattern (Not FE) is wasn't drilled and pinned for both. It was drilled for one or the other. Why is this important. Well, in the early 80's this caused a big stink because in the stock classes some of the more "industrious" racers figured this out and and could pass the 402 off as a 351C. Clearly an outlaw advantage, but it didn't last long. 351M 400's always had the big block bellhousings. I always wanted to dig one of those early 400's up and use it just for the "novelty" of it but they were few and far between. I suppose they still are. I just have to wonder if one didn't find it's way into a one-off factory Mustang, how cool would that be?

Welcome from Coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back