Alamo's new Rent a Classic

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Pretty good April Fools gag. Almost believed it too.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/home.html

"Thank you, I'll take one of these please:"

15x4u8z.jpg

-Kurt

I came really close to buying that exact car... it's powered by a 351c even but the wife said NO!

I regret not getting it.

Sorry Kurt,

But you got me thinkin' on this one.:p

http://www.carlustblog.com/2009/03/wagon-queen-family-truckster.html

Greg.:)
First thing to my mind too. I'd bet that's why Alamo cast a '90s panther-platform wagon in the commercial.

Don't forget to get your Lou Glutz license tag too - Celebrity Machines repops it.

I came really close to buying that exact car... it's powered by a 351c even but the wife said NO!

I regret not getting it.
Don, do you mean that Torino wagon? If so, it lives not more than a mile away. What were the details?

-Kurt

Sorry Kurt,

But you got me thinkin' on this one.:p

http://www.carlustblog.com/2009/03/wagon-queen-family-truckster.html

Greg.:)
First thing to my mind too. I'd bet that's why Alamo cast a '90s panther-platform wagon in the commercial.

Don't forget to get your Lou Glutz license tag too - Celebrity Machines repops it.

I regret not getting it.
Don, do you mean that Torino wagon? If so, it lives not more than a mile away. What were the details?

-Kurt
Yes, that very one. It was in the FL panhandle on craigslist. I did a post about it on here somewhere with the details. Seems like the seller wanted $4k or maybe $4500 for it. I wanted it bad but wife said no so I let it get away b/c the wife IS a keeper.

Yes, that very one. It was in the FL panhandle on craigslist. I did a post about it on here somewhere with the details. Seems like the seller wanted $4k or maybe $4500 for it. I wanted it bad but wife said no so I let it get away b/c the wife IS a keeper.
That's dirt cheap. It's broken out in a few rust spots, but it's a very solid car still.

A bit of a shame that it's not a 385-series block under there with the Cobra Jet air cleaner, but still nice with a 351C there.

I'll have to keep an eye out for when the current owner gets sick of it ;)

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I reread my previous post and boy did I have some plans for that car and my boss clone engine. There's one on ebay right now. Showed the pic of it to my wife and she still says "NO!"

I reread my previous post and boy did I have some plans for that car and my boss clone engine. There's one on ebay right now. Showed the pic of it to my wife and she still says "NO!"
As I recall from a previous discussion here on the forum, your wife has a deep dislike for wagons of any kind, right?

Honestly though, as much as I like it, it is also arguable that the marriage of the wide and swoopy '70 Torino front end to the upright and boxy Fairlane wagon sheet metal wasn't necessarily a high water mark in styling for Ford. It's as if the factory did their own Dodge Chargum.

But at those prices, keep sending any Florida Ford or Mopar wagon finds my way, Don. Trade you all the Chebbies ;)

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back