Aluminum vs. Ford iron4V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously. If your looking for "driveability" and more fun than what you have. Moneywise you can't beat 4V CC heads and an aluminum intake with a hotter cam and the correctly tuned carb and distributor. It all depends on what your looking for between 400 and 650 horsepower. Best example I can think of. Ask Xoliex how much money it takes to improve his best time, 1 SECOND!

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense.

Clevelands 4v heads are just fine on the street...Mine was stock auto 4v open chambered heads...never had a issue lugging it around any town..Im rebuilding her after 16 plus years..and im just changing the cam and carb...going from 280ish hp...Im putting a 5.30 lift with a 280 duration..with the 750 holley ..cleveland with 10:1 to 1...According to the guys at jegs and my desk top dyno i should round out about 425 too 450 hp...Which it will even be easier too lug..lol..I dont think 4v heads are hard to handle at all on the street...i been driving one sence i was a kiddy out of high school..lol..plus ill get better gas milage long as i dont put it too the floor...my cousins trans am use to get the same as mine..around 14 or 12 mpg....he made his a whopping 504 hp now..and now he getting from 18 too 21ish mpg..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back