Amazing Collection of 71 Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love his thought process with these cars. Great Article

Wow!!! The word of the day. Where do I sign up??? This is what it’s like to be lucky enough to have the money and time to pursue their (my) passion. The 18,000 mile SCJ is an absolutely amazing find. WOW!

1,000+ hours on a restoration...yikes
Uneconomical from a financial perspective, but i have to give him credit for following through on his passion.
My guess is that most, if not all of us, have more money into our cars than what they are worth (unless you have a low production number & rare car)
An incredible collection.

Not many folks ever get to own or drive a car like the black Mach 1 SCJ in the video. Most all of the SCJ Mustangs were bought with the intent to track at least once and awhile, few exceptions. Super rare car that Black Mach 1.
People don’t realize is what it’s like to put 18,000 miles on a car with 4.11 gears and no overdrive. To come out with only one chip in the paint Is amazing.

Been following him for a while now. Great 71 Mustang car guy. The Pastel Blue coupe in the video was the car I saw at the Indy Mecum auction a few years back. It sold for only $30k at that time, a real bargain. Other 71’s out of that sellers collection were going for $100k+. Hope to get down to Texas one day to see this collection in person….

First I've ever heard of this place. But that has to be the most valuable collection of rare 71s I've ever seen.

Wow! No other word comes close to describing how I felt when I watched the video. Many thanks for sharing it!

I bet this man heard a few times in the past that it might be a bit silly to collect "big" mustangs!
Who's laughing now!

On this side of the ocean it would be an impossible task to even hope to find SC or SCJ used parts for just one car, imagine with the tens he got in restoration!
Original 429 air cleaner, valve covers, bumper, engine brackets etc... I'd love to take a peak in his 429 contact/address list :)

Unreal. Love this video and Finley's dedication to the hobby. Luckily he left the 71 M codes, 72s, and 73s for me, lol. I feel like a dog that just gets the table scraps!
I can speak for all of us here. We sympathize very much with your plight.

This is the first time I've heard of someone with a relentless passion for the 1971 Mach 1 429 SCJ. Now we can see just how valuable they are and will become. There must be some of these cars still out there, waiting to be discovered and restored. I found mine after a long while of searching, and it did not look like an easy restore. See photo of the condition I found my SCJ. But knowing the value of the 71 429 SCJ car provided the necessary motivation to go ahead and make the investment and put in the time necessary to rebuild it. It was worth it.

Attachments

• Mach 1 shell 4.jpg
    Mach 1 shell 4.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
I had the opportunity to make a deal with Finley a while back. Super nice, stand up guy!

This is the first time I've heard of someone with a relentless passion for the 1971 Mach 1 429 SCJ. Now we can see just how valuable they are and will become. There must be some of these cars still out there, waiting to be discovered and restored. I found mine after a long while of searching, and it did not look like an easy restore. See photo of the condition I found my SCJ. But knowing the value of the 71 429 SCJ car provided the necessary motivation to go ahead and make the investment and put in the time necessary to rebuild it. It was worth it.
Such a cool car, Tim!

I happened to see that video yesterday.....incredible!! It's amazing to see so many cool cars. That black SCJ was a jem for sure!

Back