Any body know if theirs a replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your hats on guys i don't intend to drive with out the supports im going to try something like these
Rock on! I'm no resto-mod'r but with that mounting system, I understand it's practical for ease of mounting, but on a car I own, nothing would be mounted under the original shock mounts to the shock tower potentially affecting OEM geometry especially since the stock braces are adequate, unless of course you are track racing, where then I would assume you go coil over, R&P, etc.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The ideal setup is the export brace, or an aftermarket adjustable one, with a Monte Carlo bar. I just do not like the look of them on a restored car, but they certainly help in keeping your shock towers locked in place and they will help with the handling of the car. If I was doing a resto mod, that would be one of the first things I would add, plus some subframe connectors.

The ideal setup is the export brace, or an aftermarket adjustable one, with a Monte Carlo bar. I just do not like the look of them on a restored car, but they certainly help in keeping your shock towers locked in place and they will help with the handling of the car. If I was doing a resto mod, that would be one of the first things I would add, plus some subframe connectors.
Sub-frames should be 'mandatory" on all unit-bodies IMO

One other thing ,,Whats the difference between 1970 and 72, 73 shock towers? is the body longer and wider most company's are making only up to 1970 ?

Last edited:
Sub-frames should be 'mandatory" on all unit-bodies IMO
Well the reason for separate frames is when a head on crash the body folds just behine the driver door ,,good example is in the movie Crazy Larry and dirty Mary at the end the Charger crashs into the train you can see the body folding

Well the reason for separate frames is when a head on crash the body folds just behine the driver door ,,good example is in the movie Crazy Larry and dirty Mary at the end the Charger crashs into the train you can see the body folding
Classic flick for sure but my opinion isn't regarding a head on'r, its about body flex when we put more giddy-up in them than OEM especially in a rag-top.

Your wright on that ,,once on a 66 H350 i could put a finger under the hood ,,Fender area,, and on the other side nothing same thing on the rear trunk ,,and it had no chassis connectors

Back