BB in my mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mach 1
460" C6 9"
Hi once again! :blush:

I have a 460" in my mach 1 from -71 with the original 302 springs I presume. However it lowers the car to the point of it being almost undrivable... The headers touches ground as soon as there is a tiny, tiny bump. I need more clearance and the shocks are also horrible! This is next on my list so here we go:

Any suggestions/experiences with different kind of applications?

Thank you

I had the same issue with my 351c. I also had the 302 springs. Just the fact that they are probably the original springs doesn't help. I went with the right spring for the engine size and now have no problem. As far as the shocks go I used replacement shocks nothing fancy.

ReAnimator

I would also recommend the roller spring perches and install sub frame connectors. You will be amazed how much better your mustang will ride and drive with the frame connectors.

Thanks

mustang7173

I bet those springs are worn. I replaced springs my springs alot and for drag racing I needed stored energy springs so I went with atock 429 springs which really aint much stiffer in spring rate. I do however have it lower than stock which is about 2 inches. Im going to put a spring rubber spacer to bring it up 1.5 inches to accomodate the 29.5 inch tall slicks.

Not sure how much of a hurray your in ..But I will have an entire new bb suspension from front to back for sale in the very near future..I'm ditching the entire stock bb setup on the car I just got(all new works fine Just that I prefer more of a pro touring setup in my cars) for a street or track coil over conversion in the front & Maier racing leafs in the rear..

Back