Best Junkyards for Sheet Metal Parts? (73mach1)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
We've cleaned it up, and are now fixing some of the sheet metal problems. On the left side of the car, when looking at it from the front, the fender extension piece I'm calling it is missing but the right side is there. I'm not sure if it's part of the front fender or the bumper, but does anyone know of any places that might have that available? I have been looking and calling all kinds of places but no one has any 73's. Pic below hopefully shows what I'm talking about, if not please let me know and I'll take a closer pic. Thanks

1.jpg

We've cleaned it up, and are now fixing some of the sheet metal problems. On the left side of the car, when looking at it from the front, the fender extension piece I'm calling it is missing but the right side is there. I'm not sure if it's part of the front fender or the bumper, but does anyone know of any places that might have that available? I have been looking and calling all kinds of places but no one has any 73's. Pic below hopefully shows what I'm talking about, if not please let me know and I'll take a closer pic. Thanks
I don't have any spares anymore. The part is nicknamed an "eyebrow" and is part of the trim for the front fender. Check with mustang parts vendors or ask here. The 73 is different than the 71-72.

I don't have any spares anymore. The part is nicknamed an "eyebrow" and is part of the trim for the front fender. Check with mustang parts vendors or ask here. The 73 is different than the 71-72.
Thank you! I at least know the name now!! That'll help!

Contact Don at OMS for your fender extension. He likely has one. Installing the extension will prevent you from using the 120 VAC cord in the picture:p. Chuck

The official name is "fender extension" and OMS and Motorcity Mustang probably have them. OMS would probably be repop.
Thanks

Contact Don at OMS for your fender extension. He likely has one. Installing the extension will prevent you from using the 120 VAC cord in the picture:p. Chuck
Hahahaha true! The previous owner like made some weird changes to things and we don't know why he took off the extension there for the cord

Last edited by a moderator:
just want to point out that everybody calls these..."big body" Mustangs....note how much smaller she is than the 55 next to her!!!

btw all I have is 73 headlight bezels, and grill lights.
I think Auron73mach1 was looking for both of those.

Spikhead, sorry for the hijack. I'll start a new thread.

rpmcarter, funny you brought up the 55 Chevy. I looked up a 1971 Chevelle to compare with a 1971 Mustang in specs.

Mustang: 3,261 lbs (V8), 109" wheelbase, 190" length, 75" width.

Chevelle: 3,296 lbs (2 door V8), 118" wheelbase, 198" overall length, 76" overall width.

Also, the Mustang didn't come as a station wagon (thank God). Who's the fat pig now?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1971-1972-1973-ford-mustang-specifications.htm

http://www.ehow.com/list_7624126_1971-chevelle-specs.html

Back