Bojo's 73 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming together nicely! Great job!

I am enjoying watching you work out your details to the tee. Thanks for your day by day posting. It has made me turn around and do other options. Great job done so far!

Coming together nicely! Great job!
Thx Doug,

Trying to make that April deadline for the trip to Vegas.

-jbojo

I am enjoying watching you work out your details to the tee. Thanks for your day by day posting. It has made me turn around and do other options. Great job done so far!
Kat29rn,

Thx for the comments. I know what you mean when you say you have done other options. I can't count the number of times that I have changed directions on my project. A lot of good comments come out of this forum and has made me think twice on my decisions.

-jbojo

Last edited by a moderator:
7/21/13

First I wanted to post a pic of the fenders after I sprayed them with Satin black.

I attached a lot of pictures to show the repair steps today.

Today I started to prep the underside of the hood. Removed all the flaking paint and surface rust and then ran into my first rust issues that I have had with the car so far. Just below the hood latch on the front side of the hood it was completely eaten through. So I decided to fill in the area with new material after treating the rusted area. I just kept filling and grinding until I got the contours correct. That welder is starting to pay for itself now.

Thought I could start finishing with the hood prep after repairing the hole and I find more holes on the opposite side. This time I'll be probably cutting out the area and welding a patch. Will have to do this next weekend and hopefully finish the hood.

-jbojo

IMG_2258.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

7/27/13

Today I worked on the other area of the hood that had holes in it. Not knowing the condition of the metal I decided to go ahead and cut it out and put a new patch in. I did weld all around the patch, just didn't take a shot of it. I have attached the pics from today and I think that it came out pretty good. Hopefully I'll be able to prime it tomorrow.

-jbojo

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
7/28/13

Finished off the hood by applying primer today. Didn't want it to start getting surface rust since I just got rid of it. Also started prepping the body for paint.

Now I am contemplating the hood locks, anyone know if you get the install instructions when you buy them?

Here is the completed underside of the hood.

-jbojo

IMG_2269.JPG

Nic work

on thoes twist hood locks the only one i have seen up close the hood metal around it seemed very flimsy

and should have reinforced there but maybe that was just a bad example

Nic work

on thoes twist hood locks the only one i have seen up close the hood metal around it seemed very flimsy

and should have reinforced there but maybe that was just a bad example
Thx Liftmech.

So that brings up another question. Has anyone that has the factory installed locks know whether their cars have extra support around the locks?

thx

-jbojo

Thx Liftmech.

So that brings up another question. Has anyone that has the factory installed locks know whether their cars have extra support around the locks?

thx

-jbojo
I can take some pictures of mine when I get home tonight, I don't recall seeing anything that looked like extra reinforcement but then again I wasn't looking for it either. Great progress so far, very inspirational!

Your car is coming along nicely! I can hardly wait to see the end result. Keep up the good work! ::beer::

Thx Doug, I am am anxious to get it started and on the road again.

8/3/13

Today I started the engine prep work to get it ready for the install. Its been ready for awhile now and all the ports were covered with tape. Well the adhesive dried due to the heat and when I removed the tape it was a mess. You can see it on the first pic on the left side. Spent the time today to get it cleaned up, applied another coat of paint, attached motor mounts and tomorrow I will try to get the tranny connected and it will be ready to pop in.

-jbojo

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

Thx Doug, I am am anxious to get it started and on the road again.

8/3/13

Today I started the engine prep work to get it ready for the install. Its been ready for awhile now and all the ports were covered with tape. Well the adhesive dried due to the heat and when I removed the tape it was a mess. You can see it on the first pic on the left side. Spent the time today to get it cleaned up, applied another coat of paint, attached motor mounts and tomorrow I will try to get the tranny connected and it will be ready to pop in.

-jbojo
Sooooooo Nice! I'm anxious to see it installed!

Doug the Dog,

Attached pics you asked for. I couldn't attach them to the mail, not sure why. Let me know if you need anything else.

-jbojo
Perfect!! Thank you!!!!

Hello JBOJO

Nice eng work what are you using for headers and did you get any replys about reenforceing the hood for the twist locks

Hello JBOJO

Nice eng work what are you using for headers and did you get any replys about reenforceing the hood for the twist locks
Liftmech,

They are Hooker competition black ceramic coated. No replies on the hood lock reinforcement. Still debating if I want to install those if the hood sheet metal is going to be flimsy.

Doug the Dog,

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I have said I wish I did that.

-jbojo

Back