Caltracs and rear sway bar?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1
Caltracs arrived today... Didn't see anything in the instructions about it.. Only one tab on each plate.. You guys that are running them, do they work together or will I have to do without?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caltracs arrived today... Didn't see anything in the instructions about it.. Only one tab on each plate.. You guys that are running them, do they work together or will I have to do without?
i run the caltracs now and before hand i removed the sway bar. however, the swaybar mounting plate is just a piece that gets sandwiched between the axle perch and the shock plate mount.

with the caltracs, you will now be able to not use the OEM shock plates. the caltracs have the mounting tabs for you. one of them has two holes for us staggered shock guys and the other one has a single hole.

let me tell you, when i installed them i felt a huge difference even on my street drag radial tires.

i run the caltracs now and before hand i removed the sway bar. however, the swaybar mounting plate is just a piece that gets sandwiched between the axle perch and the shock plate mount.
Ahh... I hadn't taken it apart yet or I would have seen it. Thanks.

I was mistaken, the second plate has two tabs for staggered shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back