Chip Foose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to Marco and he's all for making a cool lens that will work for our year cars.

0757d2ca3f6a3e51dd0cea9e721b5e79.jpg
9fc5c7c4c3d8577897da038609a8a923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks better with the quarter panel filled in.  Still got a long way to go, though.

I haven't given up on this yet.   ;)

It appears as though he is going to use a stock quarter extension on the car. In that case, he's going to have to make the tail light panel at least 4-6" longer and then curve it outward at the ends to meet with the end caps. Nice. That will give plenty of room for the longer 70' Cougar style lenses to fit so their not too close to the gas cap. Looking good.

IIRC, the MM article said he used the narrower wheel well lips from the '70 Mustang to hide his widening the car by 2+" to fit the mini-tubs on each side, but I think you're right - it certainly looks like he used the whole quarter panels, doesn't it?

With that in mind, I wonder if Foose will be able to match up the tail light panel as well he did (not that it matters much with the Cougar tail lights, I guess).

I may have a version of my tail light this week. I'd make some mods to it to insure it's a direct replacement vs what I'm doing to my own tail light panel. If there is a call for them once you've all seen them, then I can pop out a bunch.

6164a27a7d8c966c23fd17bfce4ab654.jpg

Ye who have little faith...you know who you are...be patient and let Foose do his thing. That fat ass is so sweet. It's gonna be killer.
You know, "Foose" is not my patron saint of restomod... and Kim Kardashian, Beyoncé, and so forth and so on, don't do squat for me.  Sorry, but 'fat ass is fat ass' and not necessarily a good thing in my book. :whistling:

I'm still waiting... and still not liking the those upper corners.  I do like the tail lights, though - that part's at least going to look cool.

Ye who have little faith...you know who you are...be patient and let Foose do his thing. That fat ass is so sweet. It's gonna be killer.
You know, "Foose" is not my patron saint of restomod... and Kim Kardashian, Beyoncé, and so forth and so on, don't do squat for me.  Sorry, but 'fat ass is fat ass' and not necessarily a good thing in my book. :whistling:

I'm still waiting... and still not liking the those upper corners.  I do like the tail lights, though - that part's at least going to look cool.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl (13)

I knew you'd respond!  Beautiful! You made may day E!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome!  lollerz

I couldn't just let it go once I read, "... you know who you are..."

Well played, Sir!   :bravo:

316426cfb18286b0d805fdd7ef5fd8a5.jpg

Roadkill getting in on the action?

On one hand, "Here we go - here's where the love for the '71-'73s starts taking off."  ::thumb::

On the other hand, "Oh great - now every copy-cat hack's going to build one."  :shootself:

Regardless, the days of the good deals are winding down.  Cue up all the Gas Monkey Wanna-be flippers... we're about to see a deluge of over-priced turds hit the markets.

On one hand, "Here we go - here's where the love for the '71-'73s starts taking off."  ::thumb::

On the other hand, "Oh great - now every copy-cat hack's going to build one."  :shootself:

Regardless, the days of the good deals are winding down.  Cue up all the Gas Monkey Wanna-be flippers... we're about to see a deluge of over-priced turds hit the markets.
If they guys from Roadkill have anything to do with it, its going to be real turd for sure.

It's seems their style resembles one of my kids well used hot wheels cars with a set of Craigers on it. I can't say I'm into their stuff except to say that owning one of their cars..... never stressing the door dings.

c29cfc82cfaff78f26da9a705639a345.png

Back